_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Disatisfaction with some companies
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 343 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 - 07:24 PM UTC
Usually I don't rant but now I'm irritated.
Recently purchased an AFV Halftrack for my Hurtgen Forest Diorama. Usually I only buy Dragon or Tamiya but figured what the heck I'll go outside my box on this one and see what else is out there....of course mistake, go sit down for a relaxing building day and the instructions start at #5 and every other page is blank, doesn't any body have quality control? of course there is no direct email, it says go thru a representative why the F***K should I have to do this??, how about get your manufacturing straightened out. That concludes my AFV business, then you have companies you order from and "poof" you can't get an email from them (I see on here "well they're busy for this or that reason" too busy to send an email, but not too busy to take your order and money? or simple stuff like Ammo products boxed differently from what is listed. I'm just amazed at how many companies don't check their stuff or run a sub par business (I don't think Ammo is sub par - I like their stuff, but for such a popular company can't simple things be watched. Sorry for the rant but like everybody else I spend good money on product and I expect more from established worldwide companies.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 - 08:19 PM UTC
Obviously, you haven't experienced the joy of Tom's ModelWorks or CMK. Excellent products, but horrid instructions.
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 343 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 02:55 AM UTC
Update, hats off to Scale Hobbyist who even on a Saturday quickly found a PDF set and emailed them to me while they fix the missing pages problem, that's the customer service I crave!
- John
 _GOTOTOP