_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Newie from Tasmania, Australia
tassietiger
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 06:41 AM UTC
G'day all....I am a member of an amazing Model Railroad Forum and love being a part of that..I am currently building a decent layout in HO (1:87 scale)..Quite recently I got introduced via an extremely good aircraft/ship model builder friend who has opened up a museum in our town..I just had to try it..So a few months ago I bought a couple of Hasegawa and Revell kits in 1:72nd scale..One was a F15 and the other a FA18..Now I've aquired an Academy F22 kit..Still learning but if this forum is like my model railroad one it'll be amazing to touch base and learn about this dynamic hobby..Any general tips much appreciated...Cheers Rod..
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 05:39 PM UTC

G'day Rod,
Which part of Tassie are you from? I know a few famous Aussie cyclists who live that way.
I haven't been active here for a long time, but Armorama is definitely still one of the best modelling resource on the net!
Good luck with your projects digger
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 05:40 PM UTC
Rod, welcome to the Kitmaker family! Always great to see another Aussie join the ranks as well.

You will get all of the hints and tips that you ever need from the good folks here, just don't be shy about posting lots of pictures and asking questions.

Looking forward to seeing your builds progress mate.

Cheers, D
tassietiger
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 03:01 AM UTC
G'day Shay...Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in a small country town called St Marys in the Fingal Valley on the East Coast of our State.Tasmania indeed has a rich cycling history..Richie Porte , Danny Clarke during the 70s and 80s , the Gilmore's.We're the only State that's an island about 68,000 sq kilometres. I think Matthew Gilmore rode for Belgium too as a dual citizen in the 1990's, and we have some great juniors at present that'll be pushing for international selection soon..It's the roads..We have only half a million or a bit more population , great open training roads not too much traffic and a couple of great velodromes...Whenever I get to Europe Belgium is on my list to see..One of my workmates is French , from the north and he spent two weeks in Belgium with his cousin last year on holiday..He's also a veteran cyclist and rides in the Veteran Class in Tassie..He loves Belgium , even if he's French.What do you model.? Great to hear from you...
tassietiger
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 03:30 AM UTC
G'day Damian....Thanks for the G'day...I noticed a few Aussies appearing on this forum..Good stuff.. Same in model railway forum I'm on...In fact there were so many last year that one of the moderators actually posted a funny message headed.." Watch out for the Aussie invasion of the USA"..The main reason i wanted to join this forum is what I learned and now contribute to for novice model rail enthusiasts from that forum..Nothing was too much trouble for them.. I had an issue on a new DCC Locomotive that I asked about and I had three pages of replies within a couple of days..and the complicated programming issues were resolved online..AND.. I've made an amazing friend from Baltimore Maryland from the forum too..well...several others too..I'm a total greenhorn in aircraft kit building so I warn you...I'll be asking LOTS of questions..Hope that's okay..Cheers to you...Rod.
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 04:52 PM UTC
Hi Rodney,

Sorry for the late reply mate!! The Gilmore family are actually friends of mine, Mat used to live with my ex wifes family when he was a teenager. Looks like his boys will be following in the family footsteps also.

Would really like to see your train set up, I have always admired what people can do rail road wise. If our house was bigger I would have a room dedicated to that

Myself, I work first and foremost with 54mm figures. I like painting figures that are a little unusual and non military. Have dabbed with tanks and medium sized dioramas in the past, preferably First World War.

Good luck with the "wingy" things

Cheers,
Shay
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 - 11:00 AM UTC
Look forward to seeing your work Rodney. The aeroscale side of kitmaker is a great resource. Our group builds are also a great way to stay motivated.
 _GOTOTOP