_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Question about Decal treatments
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 03:41 AM UTC
Looking for some input from the experts: Can anyone explain the distinction between Mr Hobby's (Gunze Sangyo) Mr Mark Softer and Mr Mark Setter? From the little info I am able to glean from the labels they seem to do pretty much the same thing. I tend to use the Softer simply because the Setter seems to have more tendancy to leave a white residue if I overdo it, but to be honest I'm not sure when I should be using one formulation over the other.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 05:06 PM UTC
Mr. Mark Setter you apply under the decal. Mr. Mark Softer you apply on the decal. I have encountered a white residue, when using MicroSol. If I let it cure, the residue disappears.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mr. Mark Setter you apply under the decal. Mr. Mark Softer you apply on the decal. I have encountered a white residue, when using MicroSol. If I let it cure, the residue disappears.

Well, I guess that makes a whole lot of sense. Been having good success with just the softer on the spot where the decal goes, but I'll give this a try. Do you let the decal sit in position for awhile before you add the softer?

_GOTOTOP