_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Campaign proposal: Calling All New-comers!
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:40 AM UTC
Calling all modeling new-comers!

Considering the number of highly-experienced modelers on this site, it occurred to me that it might be pretty intimidating for some of the newer modelers to jump in, get involved, and show off the results of their hard work for which they should be justifiably proud. Heck, I’ve been doing this awhile and I’m intimidated to show my own stuff when I see the quality of work other people are churning out.

So I thought, "What about a campaign dedicated solely to the relative newcomers to the hobby (i.e.: the younger crowd)?" To that end, I’m proposing just such a campaign with the following draft rules:

1. Campaign runs from 24 Nov 14 to 27 Sep 15. [Note: I want to give lots of time in order to: a) emphasize that a good kit is worth taking the time to do well, b) take max advantage of holiday and Summer breaks from school, and c) make sure nobody feels so rushed as to distract from more important things.]

2. 20th birthday must be after the last day of the campaign.* (Obviously, I can’t participate myself, but I can moderate.)

3. Any category (planes, trains, automobiles, AFVs, figures, etc.), any scale. Just no Snap-Tites, please.

4. Need to post a photo of the unstarted kit (does not need to be date-stamped), a photo of the finished product, and as many WIP photos as you like—the more the better!

*I realize there are probably some out there that are just starting out in the hobby later in life. If you feel like you really want to be a part of this, post a response to tell us about your background, and we’ll let the group make the call. Sorry; nobody who, like me, started out modeling as a kid and then set it aside for a few decades before picking it back up again--but you’re welcome to watch, comment, and encourage!

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 11:01 AM UTC
That's a nice idea.I hope there is enough interest to get it going.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2014 - 10:12 AM UTC
Bump Bump. No takers?

_GOTOTOP