Hosted by Matt Leese
Need Airbrush Opinions
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 09:49 AM UTC
Since my recent battle with my airbrush, I have decided to buy another one for back up. I can get the Badger Renegade Krome(which is what I am currently using and have spares for) or the Paasche TG 2L, for $40 less. Gravity fed double action is a must. Need your thoughts. I have never used any Paasche brushes, before.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 10:06 AM UTC
My first brush was a single Paasche H and my second was a dual action Paasche VL. Both siphon deeds. The H is 32 years old and still works fine and the VL is about 23 and doing as well as ever. No real problems, easy to find parts. (I also have a badger 150 and Grex tritium G.) I agree the gravity feed is a super option.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 10:39 AM UTC
Yes, gravity fed or nothing. I actually have a backup fine ab, but it needs a new nozzle which is $35 and it has a rather small paint cup. I like the idea of available parts, because the Renegade Krome has been discontinued. This is the reason I am considering buy a second one. I have also considered Iwata, but they are rather pricey. I loved my HP-C(which is now offered as an anniversary package), but had some sort of problem I can't remember and sold it. Another reason I like Badger is the availability of conversions. However, I would prefer a cheaper brush like the Paasche.
 _GOTOTOP