_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Question on my gallery ...
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 08:47 AM UTC
Hi -

I was wondering what happened to the gallery - was there some sort of new feature added?

All of the pictures that I had filed away in individual folders are now displayed in my main directory. I have no option to put them back into their proper place. These images are also still in the folders where they were to begin with, so it isn't like anything got moved per se... just duplicated from my folders to my main directory. I can't just delete the image from the main gallery, because this deletes it from my folder as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Jeff
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 483 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 09:34 AM UTC
check out Jim's post on the 'new' gallery here's the link
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/22582&page=1
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:34 PM UTC
I keep having to repeat myself (but I don't mind much). Here is the way the gallery software works.

If a picture is assigned to your username it will ALWAYS show up in the root (initial) level of your gallery area. I realize this was not always the case if you created sub-albums and moved them there but I just upgraded the software and apparently they made some changes. I think the user categories now work the same way as the regular categories outside the member galleries. This is both good and bad in some ways.

But basically the gist is that your initial gallery page is analogous to doing a search and saying "show me all photos by user x".

And keep in mind this is database driven. It may show up in 2 locations. But if you look at the image file name it's the same image. Not duplicated.

Cheers,
Jim
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:20 PM UTC
Thanks Jim..

I won't worry about it anymore... hehe

Best Regards-
Jeff