_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Dragon Pzkpfw I Ausf B
melende
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 06:19 AM UTC
A few years ago I got back into modeling. Recently I began building a Dragon Pzkpfw I Ausf B to try my hand at a little photo etched parts and individual track links. Things are progressing well. My question is about the tracks. I want to airbrush the tank without tracks on. Will there be an issue getting the tracks on after I complete the rest of the model? Should I leave off the drive sprockets until the tracks are ready to be installed. I thought about assembling the tracks in 3 to 4 sections to install later. Any suggestions?
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 08:34 AM UTC
I would leave the sprockets loose as you say,but I would assemble the whole run at one time,glue with Tamiya Extra Thin Cement,allow to dry about 1/2 hour,this will allow you to be able to flex the run around the road wheels and sprockets and form your sag before it completely dries.Now let it dry overnight,then you should be able to remove the entire track, run paint and weather it, then re-install it back on the tank.

check the search feature for some indy track tutorials,but thats the way I handle MT's
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 08:01 AM UTC
I agree with Anthony. However, leave one join loose at the idler wheel. This will allow you some flex to attach the tracks, once paint. Add a small drop of superglue to secure, once in position.
 _GOTOTOP