_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
subscription payment failure for member sec.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 01:24 AM UTC
Ok, not really sure if payment failure problem is with Kitmaker or PayPal so I'll start here.
Any reason that my $3.50 payment failed to go through here?
No problems with any other PayPal transactions whatsoever. Yes I did have to put a new card on file because I just flat wore out the old one. It's been at least 2 weeks since then so I'm trying to figure out what gives. Think I had this problem 5 or so years ago but can't remember what the solution was.
Many TIA
Rick
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 07:33 AM UTC
Hi Rick,
I think the way PayPal does subscriptions is a little different than normal payments. They tie the subscription to your cc (even if they don't use it for payment and use you pp balance or even your linked bank account, etc). However... if the card expires or anything changes they automatically cancel any subscriptions that card was linked with. So that might be the issue.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 07:35 AM UTC
Or in this case perhaps they didn't auto cancel it, but needed you to update the cc info? I see they tried several times to do the payment but eventually without a valid cc in there they cancelled it. Yeah... silly I know because they wouldn't have actually charged the card unless your pp balance or bank link failed.

Thanks,
Jim
05Sultan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 08:27 AM UTC
Jim
Just got off the phone with PayPal as they did not respond to email I sent 3 days ago. They could not give me a good explanation as to why the payment was not made, but said if I was re-subscribed it should be no problem. There were 2 other sources of payment that they apparently chose not to use for some reason.
So, whatever is the easiest method for you to get this going again, I'm all for it. What do you need me to do?
Thanks for your patience on this
Rick
note: New card was added/accepted but their program would not let me cancel old card as 'uncompleted transaction against card'. Apparently $3.49 to Kitmaker Network........
-R
05Sultan
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2014 - 05:49 AM UTC
OK, DUH on my part. Should be all square now.
Thanks!
 _GOTOTOP