TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
True Grit
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 08:27 AM UTC
I just watched True Grit on telly. Got to be one of the best westerns ever made. The scene towards the end where he takes the reins in his teeth and rides at the outlaws with guns blazing is magnificent. What would be your favourite scene in a film, one which got your adrenalin running?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 12:39 PM UTC
It's impossible to narrow it down to one scene. In a western I love the scene in The Maginficent Seven where the last guy joins the group and they ride along with the theme song blasting in the background. In a war movie the end of Battleground is pretty good. They're all exhausted, those that are left, and they're marching back to the rear when a group of replacements is moving up. The ragged paratroopers struggle into step, one guy even puts his rifle onto his injured shoulder, and they start to march smartly and sound out their cadence. That's a pretty great scene.
shootER5
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 04:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What would be your favourite scene in a film, one which got your adrenalin running?

The scene in The Two Towers where Gandalf and the Rohirrim(sp?) charge down the hillside with the rising sun at their backs always raises the hairs on the back of my neck.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 09:11 AM UTC
True Grit is a great film and one of my Wayne favorites. "Fill yer hands you son of a b****", has to go down as one of the most memorable lines in a movie.

There are a couple of other scenes in war films that has gotten my adrenalin running.

The scene from Tora, Tora, Tora when the 2 P-40's part the smoke on their way to engage the attacking Japanese forces. (This was recreated in Pearl Harbor - but with more emphasis on the pretty boys and a lot of computer effects)

LOTR - Return of the King
The lighting of the signal fires from Gondor - one after one, until they are seen by Aragron who runs to Theoden and tells him of the call from Gondor.

The charge of the Rohan forces on the Mordor Orcs.

Gettysburg - When Chamberlain commading the 20th Maine realizes he can't hold, he can't retreat. He changes his battle plan and moves to the front of his men. The cry "BAYONET!" always gets me.

brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The scene from Tora, Tora, Tora when the 2 P-40's part the smoke on their way to engage the attacking Japanese forces.

This one reminds me of the film Battle of Britain. The spitfires are scrambling in the middle of a raid on the airfield. The sight of the spitties emerging from the smoke as they retract their undercarriage is awsome.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
Usually in a war flic where the two armies are about to clash. Like "Picketts charge" in Gettysburg, the ones in The Last Samuri and Braveheart.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 07:09 AM UTC
One of my all time favorite scenes, the mourning Don Vito Corleone has called a meeting of the heads of the five families to arrange a peace so Michael can return home and addresses the meeting, "But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him...if he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some
of the people in this room. And that I do not forgive. But that aside, let me say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one who will break the peace we have made here today.."

Captain94
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 09:31 AM UTC
In the move "The Professionals" when Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster square off with the Mexican bandits. Marvin and Lancaster at their swaggering best!
Like the old saying "go big or don't go at all" that scene had those two guys going for it all!
shootER5
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 07:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What would be your favourite scene in a film, one which got your adrenalin running?

The scene in The Two Towers where Gandalf and the Rohirrim(sp?) charge down the hillside with the rising sun at their backs always raises the hairs on the back of my neck.

Finally saw ROTK this weekend and the Ride of the Rohirrim into the flank of the Witch King's army was spectacular. The scene from TTT is still great, but that charge in ROTK really gave me goose bumps.