_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Losing models due to family mistakes.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 07:19 AM UTC
Being in a flat, we don't have much space.

Today, I was finishing off a model for the Russell Anderson Memorial Campaign.

It had giving me a few problems, but I had won and it was an A-37 Dragonfly, one of my favourite aircraft.

I had to redo the canopy and while it was drying, I was updating the thread on my progress.

I heard a crack follow by an oops and the wife appeared in the door ladying about me leaving my models all over the place.
She had knocked it off the window sill and stepped on it. I took one look and told her to throw it away...

So it joins my Corsair, Corsair 2, Abrams, Ontos and Spitfire and that is from cats, dogs & family killing my models just this year.

How many do you lose due to 'other' reasons?
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 08:02 AM UTC
Eric,

Very sorry. Thank you for building it for Russell.

It has been a while since a model was destroyed, although there have been a few near-misses. Right after returning from the Bays Mountain Model Show - another of Russell's endevours - my wife set a sweater in the box holding my P-51 and B7A1 "Grace" and 1/100 F-105. The carefully stretched and attached antenna wire, radio masts, canopy parts, MER and a Thud main gear...all snapped. All were fixed (except I haven't re-strung the wire).

The most amazing event to this day was when I built the Life-Like Gloster Gladiator, then my pride and joy; brought my new girlfriend home from college and in due course showed it to her. She reached out, took it (knowing nothing about models), and dropped it!

I had rigged it with a single piece of thread and the rigging did what rigging was meant to do - one strut end popped out of its divot in the wing but otherwise the wings (and everything else except a landing gear leg) stayed together!

_GOTOTOP