_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
First Build Post on Site
gishman32
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:54 AM UTC
Hello all.

I've been a long time viewer on Armorama but have never posted one of my builds on the site.

I recently thinned my 'herd' of built kits on eBay to fund my hobby. In the course of getting these kits ready for auction, I obviously needed to photograph them. I have to say it amazing what the Mark1 Human Eyeball can miss!

With all that being said, I thought I would take the plunge and post one of my builds to the site (hopefully more will follow).

The Kit is the trusty Dragon Panther A Early with Atak Zimmerit and the Royal Models detail set (which was really great to work with).

Please pardon the photo quality as I am still learning how to set up a photo shoot.

Please be kind to the 'newbie' and any constructive criticism is welcome.

Happy Modeling.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 11:43 AM UTC
You have done a very nice job. This really shows your talent for adding pin washes, pigment use and pre-shading. The only criticism I have is that decals look like they were freshly painted. Add a filter the same color as the top coat to tone them down.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 12:40 PM UTC
I got nothing to add but great job and thanks for sharing.Tracks are weathered nicely.
gishman32
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 03:39 AM UTC
Thanks for comments gents.

Matt, thanks for the advise on the filter. Never really tried one but there is no time like the present.

Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP