_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Manipulators!!!
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 05:39 AM UTC
Hey...
Itīs a great pleasure to have some lucky shots of a model with a real film camera, in natural light, no touch up...For some reason I think all the effects should be created in the photo session, not digitally afterwards and whatīs in the film, thatīs it and nothing more. I could use a print in the background, though...
Itīs possible to take a photo of a dio with just a little piece of ground and add the background etc. later digitally. Digital touch-up is easy to do somehow but itīs VERY difficult to do well! I wonder if thatīs one reason itīs not seen very often? Like in Armorama galleries? There are some b&w photos and so but I mean real manipulation!
Well, I understand it could be against the very nature of this hobby...

Toni
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 05:47 AM UTC

Jim made a great rendering of my M577 for the home page a few months ago. The model looks a lot more stunning like this, than any way I could have placed it in a real diorama !

Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 06:05 AM UTC
Looking good!
The main problem Iīve had in trying to produce photorealistic manipulated pics is the lighting (direction, amount, color). Also the lense effects are difficult. Itīs hard to place a tank picture taken with a 80mm to a scenery that is taken with a 28mm! Anyway I thought about trying out something when the Schwimmie dio is ready for a little photo session...

Toni
 _GOTOTOP