_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Enamel & Acrylic
Guy_Tombs
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 11:49 PM UTC
evening all,
just wondering might sound a bit silly but can enamel paints be used with acrylics in the same build
ive heard some people say you can and others say you cant so just wanted to ask before I try it

thanks
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 - 12:13 AM UTC
So long as you aren't trying to mix them, they work fine. I have a large collection of MM enamels and Tamiya acryls and have used both on the same build several times. Just make sure you let each coat cure, before applying another one.
plastickjunkie
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 399 Posts
KitMaker Network: 92 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 - 01:08 AM UTC
Yep, do that all the time. I find that I don't get the same control in the AB when using acrylics so I use enamels mainly but once in a while I may have the color I need in acrylic so I use it in the same build. But as Matt said, DON'T mix them together.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 - 07:42 AM UTC
Here's my example let's do a tire , you paint the tire in acrylic , tire black or rubber , allow that to cure . Paint the rim with enamel the color you want the vehicle to be , you can clean up any overspray with a brush moistened with enamel paint thinner . Just don't be too aggressive since the enamel thinner will remove the acrylic if scrubbed to hard .
 _GOTOTOP