_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
M4A2E8 "Ron" the movie star...
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 537 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 08:36 PM UTC
I'm looking to build a simple (nothing crazy) kit bash of "Ron" AKA "Fury" the Bovington museum M4A2E8 that stood in as an M4A3E8 for the upcoming WW2 film. I was wondering if any one would be kind enough to share walk around pics of this vehicle. The movie stills are not very good since they focus on crew members and always seem to keep parts of the tank disguised. TIA

I'll be using dml orange box Korean M4A3E8 105mm flame tank as my main donor kit. I intentionally bought it just for the tracks and suspension ($23 whopping bucks). Then I discovered that the old high bustle turret with cheek armor isn't half bad so that was a bonus plus the marine figs are nice too. I'll be using the tub, PE, suspension, and all the needed A2 parts that are already included in the kit sprue A! I've already built the rear engine access plate and exhaust deflector from those parts. I swapped the upper hull with my PTO A2 to get correct rear overhang angle (that kit will become an Iwo Jima A3 with wood armor). I'm missing a 76mm turret but might be getting one in trade soon. The only after market will be the AFV T-84 tracks and a metal barrel.

I'm not waiting for the turret to start the build as I'd like to have this one done before the movie releases here Oct 17th. Like I said, simple, and easy bash. So before anyone mentions it, yes I'm aware the belly on the tub will have A3 patterns and I don't care. This thing will be bolted down on a small base anyways.
Shermania
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 03:59 AM UTC
This being my first thread here, I misplaced it. Would a moderator please send this to the AFV section please? For my own info, how do I get it to post in the AFV forum next time instead of general modelling.
Shermania
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 04:06 AM UTC
Mods please delete this thread, I figured out how to create it in the AFV forum and already did, TIA
 _GOTOTOP