_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
G'day from Australia
airdogspiff
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 10:37 PM UTC
Hi Everyone, I'm a middle aged modeler just getting back into the hobby after almost a 30 year break due to life in the armed forces and living the life of a nomad for a good many years after discharge. I love modelling Armour mainly straight from the box but will have a go at anything that involves construction. I'm still trying to get weathering up to an acceptable standard, there are so many good idea's out there I'm still trying to find one that I can replicate well. I would like to get to the stage of entering into a competition but it's early days yet.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 03:21 AM UTC
Welcome to the site and network Des. As you have been out of the hobby for 30 years I recommend you ease yourself back in as there have been a lot of changes in the last 30 years.
airdogspiff
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 08:45 PM UTC
Thanks Darren,
Having moved from the UK to Perth, I now have a permanent corner of the house to call my own instead of having to tidy everything away whenever we wanted to use the dining table for insignificant things like eating. I haven't taken it slowly and have thrown myself back into the hobby with gusto. Fortunately, the family realise I have been denied for so long that they let me hide for hours on end without interruption.
 _GOTOTOP