Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Robin Williams RIP
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 - 11:07 PM UTC
A comedic genius has passed. Thoughts and prayers, for the ones he cared for.
ljames0874
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 408 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 04:01 AM UTC
RIP indeed - I was 5 or 6 years old when Mork and Mindy aired, and I thought it was just the funniest thing ever. I always loved his stand up comedy, and he starred in a fair few of my favourite films, Good Morning Vietnam probably being my favourite of his. It is so sad that yet another comedy genius was a manic depressive also.
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 05:12 PM UTC
RIP for sure. I always admired his stand up work in that he hit evryone in politics equally.

I have to admit that his role as Mr. Keating in "Dead Poets Society" really made me want to be a teacher and here I am now. I always watch that movie at the start of every year to remind myself what kind of impact we have as teachers.

I also always felt that he really cared about the troops... A rare thing in celebrity. I missed out but a buddy of mine saw him "perform" while in Iraq in '03. He said no sooner than the helo touched down a guy came out in a muted hawaiian shirt and khakis with a pilot helmet on. He handed it back to the crew cheif and just strolled away and started talking to the troops. Naturally as much of a crowd began to form as possible and he just started cracking jokes in a mini show. He said the best part was when Robin Williams took a drink from a water bottle and said "this is hot as piss!" And then began acting like he was peeing with it. He then proceeded to "pee" on the leg and boot of a three star general! Everyone gasped in horror but the general just started laughing hysterically and then so did everyone else. My buddy said it made him feel like Robin Williams really cared about the lowley E-1 most of all. (Pretty much the highest compliment you could get)

RIP Robin Williams, and Semper Fi! Hellbent