_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Re introduction for a young guy!
XxGatheonxX
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 - 03:44 AM UTC
Hi guys. I am going to re introduce myself. Im an 18 year old guy that is getting back into modeling. I actually built models as a kid, but I wasnt really good, and my comprehension of them was not the best.

After being home alone for a week, I realized I needed a new hobby besides firearms and exercise. I still had all my model kits from 6 years ago and I decided to start building them again. Ive always been a military buff since I was a kid. So, it felt kind of appropriate. Im into any military operations, but was into ww2 for a while. However, I like dioramas with figures in modern times as well. I just need to start over.

Hopefully I can start building something as I have many questions but dont know where to ask them! Thanks for your time- Alex

PS: IF theres any way I can change my user name to a more mature thing instead of a videogame user? It kind of looks funny haha
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,896 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 05:13 PM UTC
Hi Alex;
WELCOME ABOARD; and too the Hobby, start with Building what you like and can Afford ! And Don't be Afraid too ask Questions or make Mistakes in your Builds, this Hobby is Suppose too Be Fun and Relaxing. Keep in mind its A Learning Adventure, and A Rewarding One !!!!

CHEERS & GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
PS; Look into joining A Local Club if there is one in your area.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 1,314 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hi Alex,

Welcome back to the hobby!! I also gave up for a while, but in my case quite awhile!!

As Mike has said just build what you have & like!! I would also second Mike's comments on joining a club, I have since I started again & it is great in so many ways.

And just remember at the end if the day with you want to build to the most accurate you can or to a happy medium level, how You feel about your finished model is the most important thing!! Besides having fun that is!!
Cheers Mike
 _GOTOTOP