_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Been gone for a while
Redleg_13B_630
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 05:11 PM UTC
I have been away from the armorama community for a few years, actually almost four years. I moved to northeast pennsylvania about 4 years ago, and the house we moved in, although a beautiful house, needed a lot of TLC, so that kept me busy. Before moving to PA from Baton Rouge, I had a 12x12 area of the garage that was my dedicated area modeling area. I think in my opinion, it had a hell of a set up area to relax and veg out on my models. Then it came time to move. All modeling stuff got packed up. Right before the move I had hit the mother load of a sale at Hobby Lobby......I don't remember the exact amount off I got, but I remember I got the 1/48 Academy MH-53E SeaDragon for $12.......I stocked up on models. Now, getting ready to move back to the area I grew up, NorthEast Mississippi. Our house here in PA is sold, the purchase agreement has been signed on the house in MS. Just waiting for both the close and the trek begins. So I have been packing, and ran across all the boxes in the basement (glorified crawl space). I'm seeing all the awesome models I boxed up years ago, all my tools, and scratch building supplies, paints, research materials, after market decal packs........I can't wait to get to the new house, get settled in, and built my new model area. Best thing about the new house is......it's beautiful, and it doesn't need my TLC construction skills this time. Although to have my proper model area, it just might need that, but to get my models back, I'm all over it. So I missed being around here and I'm glad to be back. Do we still do the yearly Christmas party grab bag give always??
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 06:22 PM UTC
Good luck with the moves. I've got 6-7 boxes of models that I still haven't unpacked from a move that started back in 2003. No place to put them at the moment..
 _GOTOTOP