_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Vendors
Users can post info on vendor sales and specials here.
RB Model
cmreds
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 122 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 02:37 AM UTC
I want to give a shout out to RB Model and their outstanding customer service.

Roughly a month ago I ordered about $45 worth of modeling parts from RB Model for the first time. The transaction was processed without any problem and quickly shipped with tracking information provided to me. Now without any real surprise the package made it all the way from Poland to the USPS office that's within 5 miles of my house here in Dallas, Texas. That's when the US Postal Service lost the package . No trace of it. Per numerous discussions with the less than barely competent Postal employees the package went out on delivery, but was never delivered. They know this because RB Model was wise enough to make the receiving party sign for the package and no signature was ever obtained.
Now is when it gets interesting : After two weeks of dealing with the USPS and them saying that the package would be returned to RB Model if they discover it I contact RB Model. I offered to re-pay the shipping if they received my package back and they said okay. RB Model gave it 2 days and then surprised me - they stated that they were shipping me a whole new package free of charge .

Now that is customer service. I will be buying a lot more from RB Model, but I will be having it shipped to work as that Post Office seems slightly more reliable. Please check out RB Models website for your modeling needs and I'm sure you will not be disappointed in their customer service.

Chris
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 343 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 03:40 AM UTC
Chris, They are good people,
If you need anything in the future 1/35 scale, I carry a bunch right here in the U.S.
http://www.thescenicfactory.com/
- John
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 05:01 AM UTC
Hi Chris,
USPS!!!

I had a similar experience with another company when two of my packages did a U-turn at the USPS office (two miles away!) and got shipped back to Poland. USPS didn't even attempt a delivery! The vendor said they would send my orders out again but they never did. Eventually, I was issued a full refund ... after two months of wasted time.

What I do now is advise overseas vendors NOT to use the "Registered Mail" option with USPS and I always request a Tracking Number.

This is by no means any reflection on RB Model -- a great company. And I highly recommend 'The Scenic Factory' as their US distributor -- excellent customer service!

--mike
 _GOTOTOP