_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Vendors
Users can post info on vendor sales and specials here.
Boystown military miniatures in the UK
Dannyd
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 - 10:23 AM UTC
Hi All,

Just a word of warning about this company, based in the north of England.

I ordered a kit back in April from them in a sale, nothing turned up ...
Made a few phone calls, sent them a few emails and still nothing.
I threatened them with trading standards on my last email and manged to get a reply. It asked for my order number and that they have not had any corrispondance from me at all..... Give them the benifits of doubt Is what I thought, so I gave them the details over 10 days ago.
Still nothing heard from them, no more response.... So to you all who might be thinking of buying from them let this be a warning.

I would not part with any of your hard earned cash to these people, google them and read the comments from other customers first.
I'll be taking this further with the local trading standards and my bank.

Please don't get mixed up with these guys.

Regards

Dan
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 236 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 - 11:42 AM UTC
I just had an issue recently with a French based company. I did get my money back from them finally.

I think it is important to describe your event as accurately as possible....and if they do come through for you be sure to post that as well.....when one is frustrated with an unscrupulous seller it is hard not to insert personal opinions.....

Good luck with this, and keep the readership posted.
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 753 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 11:42 AM UTC
Agree 100% with Dan's post above.

I ordered £150.00 worth of kits just over a week ago from these people then cancelled within 24 hours as soon as I saw all the negative internet threads & FB from others about their (alleged) service and non delivery of goods. I was promised via email that the PayPal transactions (x2)would be cancelled by someone at 'Boystown' calling himself 'Wayne' but they were not and the cancellations/ refunds - not sure how this came about given they were both 'pay after delivery' transactions - were showing as not honoured by their issuing bank in two separate emails and I was advised to contact the company directly about this.

Fact! - I still have ALL the emails.

Attempts to do just this by email (no actual address or phone number which someone answers is given by these people) have resulted in them, seemingly, going incomminicado.

Just had another email tonight from PayPal saying the payments are still scheduled to be taken from my bank in 4 days time and thus, I have had to raise two complaints to stop them via the Paypal Resolution Center.

Deal at your own risk.

Gary
 _GOTOTOP