Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Walkaround: BT-13 Valiant (Subang, Indonesia)
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 10:19 AM UTC
Hello guys, again, I just wanna share about a little stuff I found on 2010. Based on explanation from several fellow modeler in Indonesia, some pictures below indicated as a fighter plane named 'Vultee BT-13 Valiant', placed as monument of "Gedung Juang (Building of Fight) '45" located in Subang, West Java, Indonesia. Such plane was operated by Indonesian air force on period 1949. No sufficient historical information I can get, but I guess the plane was an 'unpredictable gift' from Dutch after its' defeat from Japan in 1942, but not yet effectively operated due to continued imperialism of Japan and unavailability of fighter pilot in Indonesia.

I'm sorry also if my explanation far from the true historical accuracy and timeline, so please put any corrective comments, if any, for the reply. Sorry also for less of details since I have no permit to enter the building area and hope you enjoy the pictures!

Kind regards from Indonesia

Garry