Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Walkaround: M3A1 Stuart (Bandung, Indonesia)
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 11:53 PM UTC
Hello guys! Just a short intermezzo to fresh my mind and maybe all of you. According to comments from several fellow modelers in Indonesia posted at my personal gallery on Facebook, such vehicle indicated as M3A1 Stuart. Many of these were taken from KNIL (Koninklijke Nederlands-Indische Leger) after the 2nd Dutch military agression in Indonesia (Clash II) on 1948. After that, such vehicle was involved in many military mission to destroy post war rebellion movements in Indonesia.

I take these photos on May 2011 during my vacation with my office mates to Bandung, West Java. Originally, the tank was a monument at a district named 'Burangrang' on Gatot Subroto road that purposed as a reminder for the Indonesian people due to its' great contribution for Indonesian army during post war activities. However, the tank was poorly set as a 'home' for the homeless as it allows them to sleep under its' lower hull, also protect them from the rain and sun rays.

I have my deepest empathy for the homeless due to their life-difficulties, but, regarding to the city's aesthetic aspect, their such activities reduce city's desirability and beautiful tourism spot.. unless the city's local authority perform any actions to move them into more protected and proper housing in the future.

I also posted these pictures in "The House of Walkarounds" closed group on Facebook hosted by Robert Blokker. Hope you happy and enjoy the pictures, also do not hesitate to give any comments herein. Thanks for your interest guys!

Side by Side

All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 11:58 PM UTC
Turret

All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 12:02 AM UTC
Upper Hull

Lower Hull

Track Wheels & Suspensions

All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 12:06 AM UTC
Distant View

The Tank Commander!!!

Warm regards from Indonesia

Garry
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 09:35 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing your pictures Gary.

All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 05:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for sharing your pictures Gary.

Sorry for just read your reply now, for a very looooooooong time, you're welcome man.. Hope it is useful

Cheers