_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Where To Get A Clear V-22 Canopy?
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 06:10 AM UTC
Has any aftermarket company produced (in vacform or resin - the former seems more likely) a regular, clear canopy for the Italeri V-22. I know the most recent boxing includes clear parts that are actually, well, clear, but I've got the previous boxing - the one that was updated to be reasonably accurate airframe-wise at the time it was released, but that came with clear parts so heavily tinted they might as well be opaque. It's a kit I've got almost everything I need to build, but there's no way I'm going to touch it until I've got clear transparencies.

From what I've heard of Italeri's parts replacement service, it seems unlikely that's an avenue to follow, and buying a complete new kit for the clear parts seems excessive. Once upon a time I'd have expected Squadron to put out replacement parts, but they don't seem to have done any new sets in years, plus the numerous windows on the fuselage suggest it's a subject they wouldn't tackle even if they still did it.

Is there anything out there? It's not that the kit has a particularly great interior to display, but the clear parts are just so heavily tinted it frankly looks silly.
 _GOTOTOP