_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Did everyone get what they wanted ??
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 03:50 AM UTC
Well I did not EXACTLY get what I had asked for. BUT I did still get some nice gifts. Though I did get the HobbyCraft M1A1 Leatherneck. So I'm not really complaining. One of the BEST gifts though Was to be able to finally get my DVD hooked up and working.. Someone I knew who knows about cable repair business walked me through the steps. via the phone. And after having had a someone dismal and dissapointing day. It really lifted my spirits. I only have two DVD's at the moment. BUT I see myself acquring alot more new ones here pretty soon. Also I rented the movies The Hulk, OUCHHHH Those Poor M1A1's I Ouched and Ahhwwed the whole time he was smashing them to bits. BUT I also Laughed my head off. Talk about mixed emotions LOL I also rented the Italian Job. Pretty Cool. But I liked The Bourne Identy better. So while I have had MUCH better Christmas's in the past This year was abit of a let down. For more that a few reasons. BUT at least I did get ONE NEW MODEL. Not quiet what I was asking for, But it will work.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 04:03 AM UTC
Yep! Lots of new models and an Etchmate at long last! I had a small cylindrical present under the tree that puzzled me for a while, turned out to be the spare blades fro the etchmate separately wrapped!

Good Christmas overall!

Vinnie
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 04:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had a small cylindrical present under the tree that puzzled me for a while, turned out to be the spare blades fro the etchmate separately wrapped!

The etchmate is on my "to get" list.
Those wives can be tricky, can't they.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 04:14 AM UTC
well, i didnt hope to get anything and it tourned out i was wrong.... on my desk proudly waits a stock of un opened models like :
Revell Leopard2 A5 "Kfor"
Revell Jeep & M34 truck (yes the old, poor kit with little details, but it's a present! ), Academy M151-A2 Mutt & Trailor (the kit actually has a set of 4 figurines and a mortar added into it) ,
Dragon elite 'NAM' series US Marine recoon figurines
all in 1:35 scale ofc (Some diorama plans already busting my brain)
and as the best thing that happened for me i just found out i won a prise in this armorama giveaway contest! (:-)

So looking for my (poor and not having money) side, my NEW year is great

Happy new year to you all! (:-) (:-) (:-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:30 AM UTC
Nope, sigh! I asked for several models but none were under the tree. Glad I bought myself my own Christmas gift, the AFV Club Hellcat. Still it was a good Christmas, a couple new films (The Fighting 69th on VHS and The Two Towers on DVD), a new flashlight center because I never can keep a flashlight working in the house, clothes, Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. My best git has been getting broadband hooked up and working. Now I just have to network the thing so everybody in the house can have it.
leogunner
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 147 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:54 AM UTC
Hey All,

I got better than I expected this year. I finally have a digital camera so I can finally post some of my own work on the site. Oh and if anyone is looking for any modern Cnadian pics,drop me a line.
newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 588 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 10:47 AM UTC
I had wanted and received a 1/48 Hasegawa a4-f :-) yeah!

I also think I am getting Tamiya P-47D Razorback from my parents - just haven't seen them yet.

If both of these come, it was a great Christmas.

But other than modeling, I also got some great books to keep me busy- grisholm, math logic puzzles, etc.
Babva
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 141 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 01:22 PM UTC
Recieved a Tamiya--Japanese GSDF type 61 tank.This will be my first armor model after a long period of no model building.(15 yrs.)

With the advice of the members of this board,I'am hoping it turns out fairly decent.

Will post a pic when finished.

Babva--- Jim
ambrose82
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 249 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 01:41 PM UTC
Well, I didn't get any models under the tree(s). But I got cash, and a gift cert for a local hobby store. So far, I've picked up a Soviet BM-13 "Katyusha"; Dragon's Sturmpioneers, Soviet Tank Riders, German 6th Army (Stalingrad), US Marines (Iwo Jima), Soviet Scouts and Snipers, and I'm looking at buying some T-34/76s or T-34/85s.

Gosh I love ebay!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 10:57 PM UTC
No models for me from anybody
Darn folks only gave me stuff clothes, money ,gift cards.
Well Joan gave me keyless entry for my Dodge Ram truck!
that was nice plus a new pair of shoes.
Great Women their! (:-) (++)
SGT.Busche
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 167 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 04:23 AM UTC
Well belive it or not my wife really squared me away this year . She had fot a hold of my squadron book and had gotten me more than just a few kits. She really did good this year. and then still went to the local hobby shop and picked up a few more things. I didn't really expect this but she did well. You got to love that!
Copper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 29 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 07:05 AM UTC
I think I did very well as my lovely wife got me the following:

-Dragon Panther A
-Dragon "new" Firefly Vc
-Dragon Modern US Marines
-Academy M-36 Jackson
- plus lots of other modelling goodies
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 07:49 AM UTC
Well, I got a gift cert to the LHS, treated myself to The Two Towers (extended) and ordered this http://www.redlancers.com/displaypic.asp?item=7852&hot= from Red Lancer.
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 893 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:02 AM UTC
The Wife got me the Italeri LVT4 (yeah, yeah, I know it's a lot of work ta make accurate, but I asked for it), the Hunnicutt book on the Sheridan, the "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" DVD, and $30.00 ta spend at Mission Models. Sure there was no Verlinden LCM 3 under the Tree, but ya can't have it all!!

My Wife: I think I'll keep her!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:27 AM UTC
Sure did. I didn't ask for anything but I got the whole world. I have my health, a beautiful wife and family. Two great dogs(they understand me #:-) )I even got three new air Brush's and a new compressor. (:-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP