_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from a returning model builder
Landi_uk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 02:05 AM UTC
Hello everyone just thought I'd introduce myself.

It's been nearly 30 years since I last built a model, but decided it was time to back into it. So I've been shopping and got some projects to start on:
1- Tamiya Chieftain (I know it's not accurate but building OOB as it's going to be first target for airbrush)
2- Tamiya M1A2 SEP
3- Academy Tiger-I mid Prod (with interior)
4- Meng M2A3 Bradley w/Busk

Funnily enough the last model I built was a Tiger with interior, but there are some things I want to change since I last built anything. I want to start airbrushing instead of brushed enamels and also try weathering.

I'll be trawling for tips and advice no doubt and will try and post some build logs. Any feedback to build logs would be welcome, as I am new to airbrushing and weathering.

Ian
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 02:40 AM UTC
First of all, welcome back. That is a nice selection of starter kits. I look forward to seeing some of your work. I would recommend the Badger Sotar 20/20, for your first airbrush(~$90usd on Amazon). The Badger Khrome Renegade is also a nice brush(~$125usd).
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 03:54 AM UTC
Welcome back Ian! You have some great projects lined up. Remember to always have fun at this hobby and there are no dumb questions. Always tons of answers to tons of questions here. Enjoy!
Cheers!
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 04:42 AM UTC
Welcome Ian, please share photo's of your work and ask those questions as there are no stupid questions only stupid answers.

Don't forget to pop over to the Bulldogs forum.
 _GOTOTOP