_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Voyager Styrene
xagant
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 41 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 - 09:38 PM UTC
Help, Okay i got a voyager update set, and it says 0.3mm but they didnt include a 0.3mm abs rod except for a steel wire 0.3mm i thought that the steel wire they mention but after examining its say abs rod. My problem is the 0.3mm styrene rod is not available in my country Philippines. and dont want to order because its pricey and takes 30days to receive the item. Any help? o
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 - 09:54 PM UTC
You will need to heat and stretch the styrene provided. I rarely implement the included rod, preferring to make it from other stock or stretched sprue.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 06:07 AM UTC
Can you substitute brass or copper rods , does not have to be styrene does it . One thing about plastic is you can heat it and form a head of a rivit with the copper you can't do that but if can solder it , it move move at all . What part of the Philippines are you at ?
xagant
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 07:57 AM UTC
Thanks guys but im having a problem, it says now 0.5x2.0mm does 2.0mm the lenght cuz if i cut the 2.0mm its always out of proper lenght or something not propertion with the pe. Too long.

I'm from Manila,Pasay Philippines
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 10:33 AM UTC
Voyager is less than specific. I ordered three of the same set from them, because the instructions had me making unnecessary bends and cutting rod to the wrong length. Double check the instructions, then cut to fit.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 11:08 AM UTC
I grew up in Cavite , maybe you remember Sangley point when it was a us navy base ?
xagant
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 12:03 AM UTC
Yeah i know that place its too far from our city, buts its popular until now they using that i think ita called tarnate cavite.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 08:33 AM UTC
Tarnate when I was still young was a big market . Farmers used to bring all the produce and it was cheap , well then it was . Sangley point was in Cavite city . I use to ride the buss to go to Manila , then it was just an hours ride away .
 _GOTOTOP