_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What's your method? Sprue to Complete
Namerifrats
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 75 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 06:27 PM UTC
Just wonder how most others do a build. From the time they open the box until the time the place the completed build on a self. Been out of the game for a while, just starting back up. Reading a lot of things I didn't know or do years ago when I built kits. For instance applying a gloss varnish to a model prior to adding decals. I know some people build and then paint. Others build in sections, paint, and then assemble. I read about a guy that even primered parts on the sprue. I would think that paint/primerwould affect the integrity of a cemented joint. So what's your normal procedure?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 08:43 PM UTC
I sort and open all of the sprue. I place these into a rack, for easier access. I remove all parts in one step. Clean them up and glue them together. I follow the instructions, excluding running gear and tracks to solve painting issues. After I have completed construction, it's off to the paint shop. I lay down my primer and base coat. Camo comes next. Then, I gloss coat the entire model and apply decals. At this point, I attache the running gear and tracks. I seal with a second gloss coat and add the pin wash. I seal this with a flat coat. I add a filter or two. Next, I move on to pigments. I seal this with a second flat coat. And, done.
 _GOTOTOP