_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tamiya extra thin cement
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2014 - 01:40 PM UTC
How many times have you opened the bottle of extra thin and the foam seal inside the lid stays on the bottle . It's been doing it more often lately . What's up with it , maybe the extra thin has changed in composition or could be attributed to climate change ?
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 2,713 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 12:01 AM UTC
I had that experience that as well from time to time -- also with their regular cement and lemon scented one. I may have just closed the cap too tight -- that was the thought I gave it. Still works the same as I know it. Cheers
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 12:51 AM UTC
It does happen to me also,I just never sat and contemplated why it does that,or what is the meaning of life
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 10:36 AM UTC
It's just a pain in the butt dropping it in the cover and sometimes you got to push it down into the grove , going back a couple of years it never did that .
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 04:51 AM UTC
It only happened to me once and that was a couple of weeks ago. It was a new bottle. I thought it odd but the glue worked like it was supposed to and I haven't thought about it until I read your post.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hi Edmund,
I have to laugh! That happens to me at random -- all a matter of planetary alignment, I guess! My bigger problem (since I have no depth perception) is knocking cement and paint bottles half-way across my worktable!

Good luck with that.
--mike
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 05:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Edmund,
I have to laugh! That happens to me at random -- all a matter of planetary alignment, I guess! My bigger problem (since I have no depth perception) is knocking cement and paint bottles half-way across my worktable!

Good luck with that.
--mike

At least the Tamiya extra thin is not prone to tipping over , unlike the Tenax or Ambroid cements .
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 11,666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 10:08 AM UTC
Same here. It's a pain at times trying to get it back in the correct position. Next time it happens I'm going to try a few some Thin Super glue and see if that helps.
Joel
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Edmund,

Good luck with that.
--mike

At least the Tamiya extra thin is not prone to tipping over , unlike the Tenax or Ambroid cements .

very true,have not lost one bottle since switching from testors
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 04:39 AM UTC
Then you have Mr Hobby Mr Cement S it's similar to the Tamiya thin cement , what I don't like is the skinny neck of the bottle it's hard to get the brush into the cement and at the same time hold the pieces that you want to glue together . Otherwise they are the same glue , well different smells .
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 05:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Then you have Mr Hobby Mr Cement S it's similar to the Tamiya thin cement , what I don't like is the skinny neck of the bottle it's hard to get the brush into the cement and at the same time hold the pieces that you want to glue together . Otherwise they are the same glue , well different smells .

mmmmmmmmmmm, that smell ... wakeup ... wakeup, Mike!!! LOL
 _GOTOTOP