_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
ebay purchase: damaged incomplete packagin
McKeever
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 246 Posts
KitMaker Network: 52 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 12:31 PM UTC
So I ordered three voyager pe sets. I picked them up at the post office today. Much to my chagrin, the packaging was incomplete, and the outer sleeve of the boxes were folded in half. The interior box was thrown away. The instructions and the pe are there and in tact.

I do not want to return because I do not want the hassle of returning the items, and need them for pending projects. I do not feel however I received what I paid for.. The abscene of the inside box makes it harder to keep track of the actual set with the instructions.

If I open a dispute, will paypal award me a partial refund? Even a full refund?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 12:47 PM UTC
Stick it in the box of the model it is for, situation resolved.
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
entire network: 1,049 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 01:14 PM UTC
Hey Mate,

Unfortunately it's quite common for Ebay sellers to break down small packages to reduce postage. Not the big stuff but I've had several 1/72nd kits grouped up with the outer boxes flattened out and recently I got some Alpine figs and got only the cover with them ....

As long as the product is intact and in good order Ebay won't follow up a claim. I'd suggest asking next time if the seller would send the enire box, they may do or they may charge more postage or might not even have it if it's a "stash" clear-out ....

cheers
Brent
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 01:50 PM UTC
It should be covered by the eBay money back guarantee , file a complaint . If all the parts are there and there's no damage and you can use the PE then keep it . You might just have to find another container for it .
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 06:00 PM UTC
Before filing anything, contact the person you bought them from. A lot of times sellers will work things out with you if there really is a problem. If the items came from overseas, it's a good bet the seller was just trying to keep shipping costs down, since it sounds like he omitted the heavy, non-essential inner boxes.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 09:38 PM UTC
Well, if the PE and instructions are ok, then the only issue is the packaging. Read the ebay description carefully to see what the seller actually offered - if it is "new" or "in box" or something that suggests complete original packaging then you might have a point. (Often, "collectable" stuff is de-valued if the packaging isn't complete or intact.) But if this was just a sale of PE parts for use, and the packaging was incidental, then there isn't much to complain about - unless removing the factory box somehow left the parts open to damage?

It's down to you to decide whether the original packaging itself was important enough to have jeopardised the sale, since the actual parts arrived undamaged...
 _GOTOTOP