_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
1/72 U Boat - Full Dry Dock Available
ExtraDetail
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 04:25 PM UTC
With combined efforts from myself ( Extra Detail ) and Scale Effect in Australia we have launched today 1/72 scale full dry dock for the REVELL U-Boat kit now availbale
The Dock is a combo of Resin and Hydrostone and has over 200 parts to the kit
Its also just over 1200mm long
The dock has taken months to develop, and is a very acurate representation of a WW2 Dry Dock.

Here is a link to IMAGES and info - the price is in Australian Dollars
www.users.bigpond.com/estasi/uboat.htm

Kindest Regards
Graham
Extra Detail
www.users.bigpond.com/estasi/uboat.htm
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 324 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:20 AM UTC
hi , constructive comment from one who worked in shipyards , the dry docks i have seen and worked in the sides of the dock have staggered step sides , it is smaller at the bottom and widenes out to the top - each step is about 3 ft high and pre war they were boat shaped , lastly the docks had exposed stone steps set into them , i have yet to see the cut outs as in yours , i hope this helps cheers ian
ExtraDetail
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 60 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 03:10 PM UTC
Hi Ian

Yes i am aware of your comments, the images that are shown are only part of the kit, the kit comes with optional, steps inplace of the cut outs, also there is another section which comprises of a blanking plate, so 3 options come with the kit.....
The cut outs are shown from the movie DAS BOOT which was filmed in a real U Boat Lock and Pens

The sides are stepped as you described also but in the pic it does not show this too well, i'm in the middle of consructing, and painting one and as soon as i finish it some really high detail close up shots will be posted on this site.

Also the dock would be boat shaped, as i have seen this too, but quite a few U Boat pens were not. we have just included the sides to the length of the Revell kit as it is such a large kit in itself,

We are also releasing a waterline version over the few weeks

Many thanks
Graham
Extra Detail
 _GOTOTOP