Shows and events in North America.
AMPS 2015 Best Theme Award Guidance
Petty
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 24 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2014 - 01:08 AM UTC
The general criteria for judging the Best Theme Award is contained on page 6 of the AMPS Contest Rules. For 2015 only, we are further defining this criteria as follows:

Best Theme Award

The theme for the 2015 AMPS International Convention is “First in the Line.” This award is given to the model that most appropriately represents the theme selected for the convention. It may be given to either an INTERMEDIATE or ADVANCED level entry. In order to qualify for the 2015 Best Theme Award, entries must be the first Mark in the production series (i.e., M48, Panzer I A, M1, etc.). In some cases, i.e., the M4A1 or Panther D were produced as the first Mark in a production series. The burden of proof is on the modeler to provide the judges with documentation on their build. Note: Experimental or pre-production variants will not be considered for this award.

In cases where entrants are uncertain as to whether their model would qualify for the Best Theme Award the Chief Judge will be the final arbitrator and make the decision whether an entry fits the theme.

We are looking to have a great event in Auburn, IN 30 April-3 May 2015.

Mike Petty
AMPS
Chief Judge
2nd VP, US South Region
 _GOTOTOP