Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Website or Blog Anyone? Need hosting advice
aroberts
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 11 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if people have their own blogs or websites and would give me some advice if possible. I am trying to get either a blog or a site set up for my dad who has and still does some pretty incredible models. I cannot even begin to describe the passion the guy has for this. So, for his 60th birthday I want to set him up with something online that he can show off. He's not too tech savvy so I'll be keeping up with the maintenance and helping him with it all.

I am thinking of setting up a website because he has been talking about wanting to sell some of them and I am not quite sure a blog would be good for this. For now, I suppose the site would have pictures, the stories behind the models, and a few other things I'll let my dad decide. In the future I can set up a sale page where he can sell his stuff.

So my question to you all is, do you have any ideas for good hosting and maybe some website builder software? I'm sure there are a few of you with your own sites that might have some good suggestions.

I have done quite a bit of homework, and I have narrowed it to 1and1 for various reasons that suit me better and I can use their website software ( http://website.1and1.com/make-your-own-website here it is if anyone is curious). I am not 100% sold yet, but I'm really interested. Has anyone else used their services? If not, what do you use that you really like?

Thanks for all the help. I look forward to seeing what you think and looking even more forward to seeing my dad's face when he sees the site later this year.

A.R.