_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tiger Models Designs to make new figure line
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC
I was reading the article on TMD buying & take over of The Tank Workshop (TWS). I think this is fantastic news because I feel that ' from the gekko ' both companies put out some excellent armor update and conversion accessory sets. TMD bringing TWS under it's wing is definitely a good sign of things to come ............ and speaking of thing's to come, TMD also mentions in the article, "a new figure line " ................ WOW ! If the excellent detail in their armor accessories are any example of what will see in the figures, then we are most definitely in for a real treat. However, with all do respect to TMD, I just hope this figure line IS NOT going to be "The All Waffen SS Revue ! " I build both Allied & Axis figures, I just hope that TMD has the good sense to maufacture a figure line with variety and not domination.

ALL THE BEST TO TMD FOR THE FUTURE & MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

- ralph

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
I can't agree more...TMD is an excellent company with super service to boot... Great to hear that they will be bringing out a line of figures ...now how bout a good American tank crew ...british tank crew ...Jeep driver...how bout some figures for the back of a halftrack or a truck ....Hmmm the possibilities are limitless.... How bout G.I.'s in Africa?(Italy too)Oh yeah you could add a few germans too...I'm sure you will think of something new there too.

Rick
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 07:36 AM UTC
What we really need is some more late war Germans in cammo with top end weapons..you know Mp44's and Panzerfausts..

oh wait.. we already HAVE those.. (sarcasm mode: OFF)

But being that I like to model late war Germans that's not so much a problem for me.

I do wholeheartedly agree that there are vast untapped opportunities for Allied vehicle crews and smaller armies

good luck guys.
Mike
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 07:45 AM UTC
yes i also agree. we need more both amercian and german figues
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 05:36 AM UTC
hope they do some modern figures there badly needed!!!!!
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 06:36 AM UTC
I'd like to see some modern figures as well. I would however be very happy to see some commonwealth stuff thrown in. Or just little things like those wooly hats the commandoes wore in different shapes. or perhaps a few figures in sweaters. Maybe even US army in the north african campaign. Maybe even some swabbies equiped for shore duty. well hters my rant. anything except more germans would be fine.

shiryon
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 04:14 AM UTC
Modern British, IDF, WW2 commonwealth, ww2 U.S. personnnel (combatants and non-combatants, some nurses,/medical personnel?) I really don't think we need (or want) any more variations on the Waffen SS combat smock.....Jim (ever optimistic..... ) (:-)
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 08:15 AM UTC
Hey guys,

Just was reading this post after a bit of a hietus.

As for the TMD take-over of TWS, first off, expect only good things from this venture. WHile there has been many production issues with TWS, none of these will be int he ranks of TMD.

As for new figures, I will bring that up with Joe the next time I talk with him. I am working on a special modern item for them, but will not discuss some of the "super secret" items int eh works.

Dave
AMPS LA
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 09:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey guys,

Just was reading this post after a bit of a hietus.

As for the TMD take-over of TWS, first off, expect only good things from this venture. WHile there has been many production issues with TWS, none of these will be int he ranks of TMD.

As for new figures, I will bring that up with Joe the next time I talk with him. I am working on a special modern item for them, but will not discuss some of the "super secret" items int eh works.

Dave
AMPS LA

Hi Dave, that would be terrific ! maybe you could ask Joe to post a new maessage on ArmoramA & WW2 Model Maker and ask the guys what they really would like to see for the new figure line. There some great suggestion's for starters right in this thread. Matter of fact just tell him to take a gander at this thread.

..... Ya know it's the Waffen SS and their patented camo that I think enough has been done with. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Wehrmacht Heer figures with plain field gray tunics / trousers and even splinter smocks. Also figures of Luftwaffe Field Divisions and Kriegsmarine FlaK gun crews. It's really not a German thing "as a whole " I'm complaining about .... it's that enough camouflage oak-leaf smocks and pea-pattern uniforms of the Waffen SS have had their run and theres still plenty coming out and presently more than enough to go around. A little something different for the Germans is in order I think, and this most definitely includes figures for the countries whose military forces fought as one Allied Army !
Tell Joe he has the choice to begin and make the only line of miliatry figures from WW2 that is Non-Waffen SS. A line of Allied figures - Wehrmacht Heer - luftwaffe - Kriegsmarine and Modern day military figs ! ...... This would surely put him on the map as company with a new figure line who finally saw that "Enough is enough ! "

- ralph
 _GOTOTOP