_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Full Setup FS: kits, figs, paint, tools, etc
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 452 Posts
KitMaker Network: 143 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:13 AM UTC
I realize this is a long shot, but I figured I'd give it a try. I haven't had a chance to spend time at the workbench in well over a year. Now, I'm starting a new job and my time will be even more limited, so I've decided to throw in the towel. (This hasn't been an easy decision.)

I'm interested in selling my entire setup for a reasonable offer to anyone within a couple of hours of zip code 24354 (Southwest Virginia). It's too much to ship, but I'd be happy to work out transport to you.

I have US and British WWII era kits (Dragon, Tamiya, Bronco, etc.), diorama bases (Verlinden and Monroe Perdu) and materials, plastic and resin figures and stowage sets, pe sets, paint (Lifecolor and Vallejo mostly), AK Interactive and other finishing mediums, airbrushes, spray booth, compressor, tools, etc. The desk isn't included, but that's negotiable.

I'll be more than happy to send additional photos and detailed information to anyone interested. Just let me know if you have any questions and/or would like to negotiate a fair price. This would be a great way for someone starting out to hit the ground running.

Caesar9
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:30 AM UTC
Wow...

You sure about this?. I took months to years to come back to the hobby sometimes only to have to recoup the perishable goods when I did. Maybe hang onto your other stuff?
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:13 AM UTC
Gotta second that. Unless you are hurtin' for space I'd suggest hanging on to it - you may find the bug bites again in a year or so, and then you'd have to start re-arming all over again. (Been there, done that...)

Time will tell if the new job gobbles all your time, or if you find new ways to squeeze in a little bench time to keep your sanity!
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:19 AM UTC
Thanks, guys. I've gone back and forth on this for months. Really, I'd like to know someone is making good use of it instead of it all sitting idol - mocking me. Plus, space is an issue as I'll be doing a lot of work from home and I need to use this space as an office. I don't think I'll get any bites, though, so I feel certain it won't be going any where.
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 01:36 PM UTC
Maybe you can sell the perishable stuff, the paints etc. Then move to sell some kits, but keep the equipment?

On the other hand, I would have loved to buy your setup when I got back to the hobby 4 years ago... heck, I would take it now so I can retire my enamel pains...maybe you can find a hobby returnee? good luck!
Gruntdoc
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 02:48 PM UTC
While I would strongly agree with the others about holding onto your stuff (I have recently returned to the hobby after ~20 years and still had old kits that are just fine), I'll go ahead and ask...do you have a price in mind? I'm in NC but the drive is probably doable.
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 - 12:02 AM UTC
Lee - I really don't have a set price in mind. I'm flexible on price and will entertain any reasonable offers. I'm certainly not looking to make anything close to the investment I have in it all. And, I don't mind to take more photos of what's included, if you or anyone else is interested.
Gruntdoc
Visit this Community
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:17 PM UTC
I wouldn't know where to even start estimating an offer; throw out a ballpark figure and I can let you know if that is in my range. I'm not necessarily in the market but it does look like a helluva a setup.
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 07:56 AM UTC
Lee, I sent you a PM.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 03:53 PM UTC
Michael, I'm sitting in the same situation as Lee. How about shooting a PM to me with some kind of pricing. Thanks.
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:04 AM UTC
Bob, PM sent. Thanks!
Unreality
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 06:29 PM UTC
That is a really great setup. If you are interested in parting with some of LifeColor paints, I would be interested. Thanks!

- Jonathan
 _GOTOTOP