staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 11:59 AM UTC
Many of you are probably familiar with the Top Military Sites link that use to appear on the sidebar of the site. That is a site I started to help promote Armorama because I quickly found that the initial "top sites" site I was using was filled with cheaters (and the management didn't want to do anything about it. So almost 2 years later and 100+ sites on this list and I got an email from someone claiming that some of the sites on my list were cheating (BIG TIME!). So I checked my logs (twice!)...and guess what? Someone was being very naughty indeed! Now I won't point any fingers because it was obvious that one or two IP addresses were in on this scam and very cleverly they were spaming a bunch of sites to push them to the top. To avoid being able to tell which site was the culprit I guess.

I gave it some thought. And it was either disband the list or put more work into it and transform it into a true Top Modeling Sites list. Phase 1 is done. A lot of the non-modeling sites are gone. I am trying to get all the existing sites to update their links and click-thru images (so if you are a webmaster on the site take note!).

Also if you run a modeling or reference (photos - history) related site and would like to join the list please do. Armorama will no longer show up on the list and will exist in the background as a site sponsor.

Top Modeling Sites

Cheers,
Jim
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:36 PM UTC
Thanks for the heads up Jim looks like one of them has been hacked!! (:-) (:-) (:-)
 _GOTOTOP