_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Steping forward and bowing to u all...
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2003 - 08:32 PM UTC
Lo there, my name is Mirko, i live in Serbia (part of ex Yugoslavia), and im 25.5 years old.

i built some models when i was 12 years old (mostly to play with them later, none survived ). and that stoped, but a year ago after finding a decent job (which is hard here) i poped onto some model kits in one book store and it started... i bought a 1:72 Fokker III and finished it without a paintjob than came some WWII 1:72 fighters (Me109, spitfire, P40...) but since i was new, none was did good. i did a various mix of total 21 airplanes so far (mostly 1:72 with exception of 3-4 1:48) and only two ones im satisfied with how i did them were Italeri Mig29 (3 photos in my gallery) and a F-117 stealth both in 1:72 scale and both went as a presents to my best friends (:-) now i transfered into armor stuff and already built 2 small dioramas in 1:72 and currently building 2 large ones in 1:35. one is 50x32 cm base involving a Maquette PzKpfw 38(t), kubelwaggen, anti tank gun and 12 figures and second one is modern German Leopard 2 A5 with 4 figures in KFOR mission. first one is almost finished second one is ready for first paint jobs... ill make pics as soon as i finish and will welcome all critics/comments since those two will be my first tryouts of washing,drubrushing and some more techniques i read in this site

Its very hard to get decend models here since we have only 3 "large" stores which sales model kits, i use Revell paints (cheapest here, and not easy to find other) and brushes (cant afford airbrush ) so im simply trying to make the best of what i have.

hope ill enjoy here

greetz
Sensei
APbullet
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 236 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2003 - 10:00 PM UTC
Welcome on the biggest site for model builders. You will get a lot of info from here even when you don't have all the fancy tools you will get decent results. I can imagine you had a hard time there in the war and modeling is just growing up. So watch, ask and learn on Armorama.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Sensei. We are glad to see that you are here with us. One thing to remember is that it doesn't matter if you have a lot of fancy equipment as long as you have the desire to build. And it seems that you have that for sure. Let your minds eye guide you to building the best models in Serbia.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 05:23 AM UTC
A warm welcome aboard the best place you could land on!!! Have a nice time and enjoy your stay.
Ciao from Italy

(:-) (:-)
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 08:30 AM UTC
Welcome, glad to have you with us. You have found the best modeling site out there. If you have any questions or need anything don't hesitate to ask for it here. You will enjoy being a member, I know that I do.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hi Mirko,glad you could join us,let me know if there is anything you find difficulty in finding,and i will be glad to help out,have a good Holiday and all the best for the New Year.
Arthur (:-)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 05:59 PM UTC
Welcome aboard. You have found the best site on the net for modeling. Don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone is friendly here and eager to help.

Patrick
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 10:09 PM UTC
Welcome Mirko, good thing you changed from those "wingy thingys" to "olive drab" and came to Armorama!
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:34 AM UTC
Thank you all for a warm welcome, ill try to help up as much as i can and i will surely ask all the things i need advices (:-)
Babva
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 141 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 01:30 AM UTC
Welcome to the Big "A" Mirko.This is a great modeling site,I'am also still wet behind the ears.

BABVA
Jim
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:17 PM UTC
Welcome
Post Pics whenever you can
Tell all your friends
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 12:52 AM UTC
Hi Mediterranean Friend i hope u enjoy your stay here and ask when need help. You ll have it all
Wanze
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 277 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 09:59 PM UTC
Hi Mirko,

Congratulations in finding the hobby again! Its' good to hear that you're into 1/72 scale. My choice of size as well because of the reasonable prize and does not occupy to much space.

If you need any help, just holler.
 _GOTOTOP