_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
No edit or delete on last post
ebergerud
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 297 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 - 07:04 PM UTC
I posted a build log for a Cromwell yesterday and of course made some errors (including proper scale.) I put it in the main AFV forum under "Allied." Then noticed (for the first time - slow learner here) the "Constructive Criticism" forum and thought maybe that's where it belonged. For some reason there's no "edit" or "delete" key at the bottom of the message so I can't do anything. On other posts topics started I think they're present. Did I do something wrong?
Eric
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 - 07:50 PM UTC
Hi

The edit/delete function only works for a set period after posting, I'm not sure of the time, maybe 40 minutes.

It's to prevent people changing or deleting posts that would otherwise make the thread confusing or pointless, as any replies are usually based on the content of those posts before.

Alan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 - 08:21 PM UTC
Everything Alan said, plus if you had designated it as a blog topic you would have had some editing ability.

For what happened to you though you would have needed a moderator to move the topic to another forum. Please in future do NOT make duplicate postings as you did on both this topic and the Cromwell.

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP