_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from the Netherlands
disarm
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:50 AM UTC
Hello all

I'm new on this site, i'm a 24 years old art student from Amsterdam, interested in history and (of course) art history. When it comes to (art) history, my main interest lays in the interwar period and early 20th century. Next to being an art student i'm also activ (mostly in Germany) as a freelance 'propmaker' in the world of opera.

So why did i make an account here on Armorama? The most important reason for me is that you can learn a lot here, especially when it comes to techniques, who are not only come in handy for modellers, but also for someone like me. I'm not really a plastic modeller (althought i did build quite a few airplanes, and sometimes armor when i was kid), but i do find plastic modelling still very interesting, and like i said before, i can pick up a lot of tips and tricks from you guys! And.. I do have a soft spot for armor.. Especially German, Russian and French armor from the ww2 era.

Regards,
Ruben
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 - 10:02 AM UTC
Hello

Welcome.

mil
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 02:07 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Ruben.
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 10:59 AM UTC
Well plastic modelling is the highest form of art. No surprise we should attract an art student.
disarm
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 02:12 AM UTC
Oh.. I lost this topic out of sight, sorry

Thanks for the welcoming!

@raypalmer

Well, it is a high form of art, but specially (for me at least) a high form of craftmanship. Albeit craftmanship and art also are strongly connected to each other.

_GOTOTOP