_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Santa had some nice suprises (and early too)
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:28 PM UTC
Well, actually Mrs. Crossbow had some nice suprises (not that kind, you perverts #:-) ) for christmas.

Without my knowledge she got hold of a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution limited edition anniversary AB (how's that for a mouthfull) for my christmas. Which is almost a shame to use, such a nice AB. And to top it all off she also got me the AFV-club LeFH 10,5cm. A kit that is nearly impossible to find round here . Very nice kit, but at first look it will be quite a challenge, seeing al those small parts. Did they actually copy all parts from this piece of artillery?? #:-) .

Kris
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2003 - 03:59 AM UTC
Crossbow,

I'm putting that howitzer together right now, and all I can say is that my fingers have rarely felt as clumsy and inept as when I'm cutting these teeny little pieces off and trying to glue them neatly on.

Some things I've noted:
* The detail is fantastic, as you've seen by now. It'll make for a great looking piece.
* The aluminum barrel and brass recuperator cylinder eliminate some need for aftermarket
* Their plastic is awful, or maybe their molding equipment isn't quite there yet. As an example, look at that piece that connects the brass cylinder to the barrel travel - it has some 6 molding gates, on a 1/2 inch U shaped piece. Needless to say, mine broke in two pieces as I sawed it off.
* The plastic is brittle and/or soft- look forward to repairing many small parts.

Still, it's a howitzer in plastic ... can't complain about having the option to build it.

Mika
 _GOTOTOP