_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
One for the airbrush gurus...
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 02:26 AM UTC
All of a sudden my airbrushing has gone to pot... After three years putting base coats on models with my Badger 200 (single action bottom feed) I decided a new needle and nozzle was in order.
I bought the medium tip complete and saw a small white washer on the screw thread. It isn't on my old tip, and hasn't been there since it was new. Is this a new feature? Should I use it on my old airbrush..?
Is this why I have so much problem with air bubbling back through the paint in the colour cup?
I can't find the original instructions, and a look on the Badger site is inconclusive. Any body have any helpful suggestions please?
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 02:43 PM UTC
Try taking the washer out and see what happens. I have that problem with my Aztec when the nozzle is not tight, so it does sound like an air leak problem. If that does not work maybe someone else knows or has the instructions.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 10:41 PM UTC
Hi Aitch. Try calling BearAir and talk to one of their service rep's.
These guy's are good and they usually are able to remedy any
airbrush problems.
http://www.bearair.com/
Tel.# ( 1-800-BearAir )
- ralph
stavka2000
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 120 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 11:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...white washer on the screw thread. It isn't on my old tip, and hasn't been there since it was new. Is this a new feature? Should I use it on my old airbrush..?
Is this why I have so much problem with air bubbling back through the paint in the colour cup?

Aitch,

The white ring on the thread IS part of the assembly. My 150 has the same. Haven't checked my 200 yet. It is supposed to prevent the air from coming through the threads, bubbling out between the nozzle and the main body.

Don't lose it, it's teflon and I had to get a replacement once, paid a lot for it

As far as the paint bubbling back in the cup, could be several things, like airpressure. Try varying the pressure to adjust for the nozzle.

Hope this helps.

Sabotshooter
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aitch,

I had this same problem a few nights ago with my airbrush. After doing three things I finally solved the problem. First of all I had thinned my paint too much so I thickened it up and put it back in the cup. Secondly I was on my third cup of paint so I went ahead and did a quick cleaning of my needle and sub assemblies. Finally I adjusted my brush and compressor to almost no pressure and slowly increased it until I was getting the desired flow.

Hope this helps,
Stephen Magee
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Aitch,

I had this same problem a few nights ago with my airbrush. After doing three things I finally solved the problem. First of all I had thinned my paint too much so I thickened it up and put it back in the cup. Secondly I was on my third cup of paint so I went ahead and did a quick cleaning of my needle and sub assemblies. Finally I adjusted my brush and compressor to almost no pressure and slowly increased it until I was getting the desired flow.

Hope this helps,
Stephen Magee

OR ... short of that, Check to see that the end of your nozzle is not clogged I ran into that same problems a few months ago, And after checking every thing else first, And still having the same problem, It FINALLY dawned on me to check that, And Wha-LA, problem solved.
Anyway it's just a thought, Something that even the best of us tends to overlook from time to time.

DAGGER-1 When Science Fails, Brute Force Wins!!
 _GOTOTOP