_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Pz 35(t) colors?
Steel_Spektor
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 74 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:49 PM UTC
G'day all. I'm currently building Academy's Pz.Kpfw 35(t). The instructions call for a coat German Grey but I would prefer something else. Anyone know what other color schemes were used on this vehicle? Some websites suggest light grey with brown camo?

Any info is appreciated.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:43 AM UTC
Hi Luke,

Osprey has a book that has non-German LT vz. 35 in it. See:
http://kitmaker.net/review/9111

Over 120 were used by Romania; Slovakia had a few; Bulgaria used them into the 1950s; Hungary used a few for training. There are some nice camo patterns on those.
Quasimofo
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 02:19 AM UTC
Hi Luke-

I have the Academy Panzer 35(t) and am planning on doing it as a Slovak LT vz. 35 from the 1939 Slovak-Hungarian "Little War."

The Czech and Slovak vehicles seem to us the same tri-color camo which is far more interesting to me for this machine than plain Panzer grey.

J's Work makes a set of masking templates for the LT vz. 35 that I just ordered.

Bison makes a set of decals for Czech, Slovak and Romanian LT vz. 35s. I have this set and it looks really nice. But in hindsight after seeing it, for the Slovak version I could have just made a stencil for the national insignia and painted it on and cobbed together the rest of the markings. Still, it's a beautiful decal set and the painting reference is probably going to be very helpful to me and worth the small price I paid for the set.

Frederick: Thanks for posting the link to the book info. I had never heard of it before and will likely have to get one now.
 _GOTOTOP