_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Look what I found.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:32 PM UTC
Hey guys, I was just browsing thru our photo album and found this.. It's my model done way back May 1990 .. Image is a bit blurry, but just to give you a bit history .. it's a Tamiya kit with Verlinden External Fuel Tanks. Figures came from Dragon's initial release of the Israeli Parartroopers(heads and FN Mag).. and the Tank Crew came from a casted Verlinden Figure head.. their bodies was just sculpted using Verlinden epoxy putty (discontinued) same for the tarps and bedrolls.. By the way this model is part of my friends collections. with the rest of my previous work..
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 04:42 PM UTC
Looks neat. Sayang, di lang kita yung real detail because of the pic. Well it looks kinda nice IMO.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 05:10 PM UTC
Buhay pa kaya ang model na 'to Marnie? Scratchbuilt ba yung stowage rails sa side?
Bull
Visit this Community
entire network: 114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 07:40 PM UTC
Was this ever on display at JMN 'coz it looks familiar. I always marveled at the models displayed there. I even recall a Corolla DX taxi. That was great! Even Natalie's cars looked great(Yes! She was building models before).
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2003 - 02:38 PM UTC
Sorry, about the photo Shonen.. pero that was taken 14 years ago, and it's the only photo I have here. I just found it accidentally.

Jeepney Yes, "Buhay" pa rin with the rest of my finished models, But somebody else owns them. Regarding the stowage rails. yup! scratchbuilt courtesy of McDowell's plastic sheet.

Bull you really got a good memory, yes it was displayed at JMN together with my Tamiya Merkava I -converted to a MK.2,(wala pang Academy). It was fun building that conversion 'coz I remember smashing my son's baby rattler just to use them for the chainballs. (ohh,, the things you do for modeling)
By the way Jojo Nicholas built that Taxi.. and yeah, Natalie built a great deal of car kits.
Bull
Visit this Community
entire network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:43 AM UTC
Yes I remeber that Merkava too! Asked Talie what kit it was and when she told me it was a conversion, I stared at it for a looooong time thinking that I would never own one since I'm pathetic at conversion/scratchbuilding. Buti na lang nagakaroon ng kit hehehe. Great work, man!
Magaling talaga si Jojo. When there was a display at Goodwill Bookstore in Makati, I was amazed at his natural metal finishes. Sayang he's laid low in modeling lately. I'm sure babalik din yan.
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 02:22 AM UTC
Picture may be a bit blurry, but GREAT job, Blitz. I recall seeing this model myself. Its great you found the photo. More please.
 _GOTOTOP