_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Projects for 2004?
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 04:27 AM UTC
Anyone got any specific projects lined up for 2004? I am trying hard at the moment to 'solidify' some ideas which have been bubbling under for the last several weeks/months.
My first project, which will be long-term is to get back into aviation modelling, I have a stack of kits which I need to get moving on, and there's always room for another Phantom (or 4)..
In armour, I'm going back to Shermans, with the new M4a2 coming from Academy and some of the FORMATIONS conversion/detail sets... My first love was always British WW2 vehicles, so this is going to be a large percentage of next years building program....
As 'relaxation' I have started on big figures again, The Tamiya 120mm figures, though good, definitely benefit from some additional attention. When I feel I have recovered a bit of my previous confidence with figs, I'm going to do some busts...
Who knows what direction my modelling will take this year, If a nice spaceship comes along. I'll go for one of those as well. Whatever happens, I won't get jaded....Jim

sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 06:46 AM UTC
Hi. One big one. My wife, whose Mother passed away here awhile back, picked up a small inheritance and wanted to use some of it in putting down that simulated wood flooring in the house. Well, I opened my big mouth when I should have sat there deaf and dumb, and said that if she would buy it, I'd apply it. Unfortunately that was all she needed to hear! So this fall I did get her bedroom and her walk-in closet all done. Now I just have the other 2 bedrooms, living room, hall and dining room to go. Ha!

Hopefully between that and the baby-sitting I can get some of the boxes of models out from under the bed, opened up and done. But I'm not giving out any promises in this department, as I'm sure there are more jobs waiting in the wings that I've not been told about yet by the boss.

Take care, sgirty
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 06:50 AM UTC
On the personal side I have to finish my nursary for my baby girl who will be born in March. Also I am replacing 3 front windows on the house in the late spring.

Modeling wise I have a dio I want to build of the Canadian Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment in Italy in 44 sometime in the spring and my Stuart tank for the Commonwealth group build.

HastyP

Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:12 AM UTC
Well I think I'll try finishing my 4 Abrams MBT's wich are in various stages of completion... Hoping to get that done by Februari 14th, cause then it's OPERATION ABRAMS ID time...
Most probably the other projects of 2004 will be Abrams too... #:-)
Addict?! Who's an addict?!
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:26 AM UTC
Kits to finish 03-04

I have a timeline of powered flight hanging from my classroom ceiling w 28 1/72 kits currently hanging. This year, I'd like to add.

Douglas world cruiser
iss -1/144-
mir-1/144-
x-24s
F16 ccv

buy a vickers vimy, airfix red racer

Sci fi,,
fine molds x wing (need decals and weathering)
sf3d x4 SAFS variants and conversions also need weathing and decals.

buy tie int , slave 1, new sf3d

amps
t55 85% done..
leo 2a5 99% done.. need MV lenses and maybe correct muzzle reference sensor
sdkfz 250?
idf gun jeep? w figs???

resin-conversions (both completely unstarted at this point)
starstreak aa
falke

for shows
uh1d -75% done-
hind -trumpeters 1/35th vers to be released in Feb???-

bradley -academy- w interior and turret int plus Academy links?

just to get done
Scorpion Desert storm -85% done, needs tracks-
Warrior #1 - 60% done-
Merkava mk III -painted, needs weathering and details..-
Kugleblitz -built, needs finishing-
E-100 -likewise-
Land Rover-and again-

Future proj.
Jagdpanther early
panther g early w int
type 90 w rollers
flak maus?

But I just bought an old 1/1 scale house.. so there are a few things that need doing here too..

Mike
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:41 AM UTC
In the first 6 months period of 2004, I am planning to paint a few 1:16 scale figures and a diorama about Iraq..... and I will participate when we have new campaigns here in Armorama (:-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:47 PM UTC
I just bought a House #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

'Nuff Said #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:58 PM UTC
In 2004 I´m planning to finish two AC.
Ju 87B2 (paint canopie)
Me 262 A 1A ((Rests the decals, panit the canopie and weathering)
Then armor:
Finish my Jagdpanther (Italeri), it´s only needing little finishing details and some weathering.
Sherman Jumbo (Tamiya)
Sherman M4A3 76W HVSS (Dragon)
Tiger I Late (Italeri)
T34 85 (Dragon)
This will be enough.
:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 01:09 PM UTC
1:1 - Set up new cozy nest with She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. As things stand now it's just a bare-bones apartment with no furniture.
- Purchase Canon A80 with all the trimmings.

1:35 - DML MLRS with all the Eduard PE sets that Artur (Tomcat14) sent. I've been putting this off 'til I get the above-mentioned digicam to fully document the build.
- Purchase DML T-34-76. Still not available here.
- Purchase DML Tiger II
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:35 PM UTC
I'm planning on doing a lot of Olive Green in the coming year. M-10, Achilles, M-36 (2), M-18, M3, M3A1, M3A3. Of course, the dark side (panzer gray & dark yellow) could suck me back in too.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 05:51 PM UTC
B26K CounterInvader
F105G 32nd
F105D outta box
F104G with resin, taiwan airforce

These are the main projects

minor ones, one tank here and there.

and maybe pick up a girl or two.

make some money.

That's about it.
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,255 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 08:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

On the personal side I have to finish my nursary for my baby girl who will be born in March. HastyP

CONGRATULATION! I am a few days aways (12/24) from my oldest becoming 18. Enjoy those awesome years, they do fly by!

Project wise for 2004...

Complete a few more sniper dios...

Build that Academy M10 that been sitting on my bench since ... (oops) ...last year

Finally get to those busts I have been sketching.... 42nd Highlander, 101 Paratrooper & a Mountian man

Figure out something to do with the box full of Historex parts my parents delivered to me after cleaning out the garage of my childhood home...

and try to squeeze in one more M3 Stuart.... just because...

hmmmm... oh yeah... finish that Cover-up dio I started on time....

John
www.johnneill.com

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 08:24 PM UTC

At first I'm going to complete my RMG diorama. After (or during the final stages) of that I'm going to do extensive research on the Oosterbeek events during Market Garden. Maybe another diorama comes out of this.

Second I'm going to do an Indiana Jones diorama...why... hehe a young boys dream I guess and.....it gives me the oppurtunity to do some German figures too

And finally.....well I guess there will be another Campaign over here that suits my interests So I'll join that too.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 08:30 PM UTC
same as eagle finishing up my rmg dio. and the somewhere next year Im gonna start building part of the redball express.
and during xmas Im gonna start building my rso with pak with the aber sets the rubino barrel and the friuls. and thats about all I know for now I got plenty kits figures whatever laying around so we'll see
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:46 PM UTC
Finishing those I've started in 2003, 2002, 2001,.... #:-) #:-)

Kris
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 11:09 PM UTC
LOL crossbow I think that counts for every one here! #:-) #:-) I'm hoping to get my other lambretta finished before the summer and try to get the house tarted up as well I'll just build what I feel like got some Pz1's which is on my to build ASAP list!
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2003 - 04:54 AM UTC
I have a Trumpeter Leopold sitting in the box, and I have been "collecting" other kits, like Dragon flatcar, boxcar, panhard, etc....Still looking for an affordable locomotive.....my hope is to put together a very large and ambitious German railroad diorama using these kits. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I welcome them!!! Happy Holidays to all! (:-)
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 02:52 PM UTC
04' Projects:
Well first on the list is . A complete Engine rebuild and performance modification
to the Yamaha Racer. I think 410cc's plus should do it. All must be done before April, so I got my work already cut out for me. TOO MUCH to think about right now !!! It HURTS my brain.
As for the modelling side: First up MH-47K of the 160th. Then a Sherman, Then a Tamiya
GP bike (havn't decided which) maybe an RC211V of Rossi Then another Phantom, and a JUG thrown in for good measure. whatever hits me until then.
 _GOTOTOP