_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Selling: Finished Works
Finished kits or dioramas for sale by poster.
1:1 plastic model firearms
eagle723
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 05:07 PM UTC
I have an AK 47 and an M16 with grenade launcher LS 1:1 plastic models (built) and a Thompson Machine gun, clip and drum (unbuilt) plus a couple of plastic pistols. Cannot find much on value. Help
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 05:19 PM UTC
They are cheap as dirt and you should send them to me, .......

No, I havent seen these kits for years and I figure they would be much sought after - especially unbuildt.

Have you checked ebay ?
hardhat
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 08:15 AM UTC
Hello Ian,
I'll take a crack at this one. I used to collect these kits and followed auctions for them on Ebay quite closely. Unbuilt and in like new condition, the rifle kits would usually go for $200 to $400. Some of the later rifle kits had internal spring systems that allowed the kits to shoot plastic projectiles. These kits do not often sell for as much as the "display only" ones that pretty much had all of the actual inner mechanisms represented. I think that the AK47, Thompson and the M16/M203 were of the "spring loaded" type. I have seen built examples in excellent condition like this sell for around $100 on Ebay.
I have seen unbuilt Thompson kits sell for several hundred dollars on Ebay. It is a popular kit among collectors.
The pistol kits vary widely depending upon what they are. Unbuilt, the revolver kits would sell for $25 to $75. Unbuilt and in like new condition examples such as the M1911, P38 or Luger varied wildly from as little as $50 up to $200 depending upon how bad the bidders wanted them. I saw an M1911 kit sell for over $400 once. You could buy a real one for just a little more than that. Built pistol kits in excellent condition unfortunately only seem to sell for $25 to $45.
Built or unbuilt examples of the rifle or pistol kits that are missing parts, have parts off the sprues or are finished poorly usually only fetch a fraction of what a new condition kit would get.
As for selling these kits, Ebay would be a good bet as low reserve/no reserve auctions for these kits virtually always sell. These kits don't come up on Ebay as much as they used to so you would probably generate a good amount of attention from bidders.
To get a more accurate value, I would need to know exactly what you have, including the kit numbers and condition of the kits. I apologize for being verbose but LS 1/1 kits were quite a passion of mine for many years and they vary greatly in value.
I hope this has helped you,
Andrew
 _GOTOTOP