_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Afghanistan Deployment question.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:58 PM UTC
Hey all, Im heading to A-stan in a couple weeks with my National Guard unit. I was curious to hear from anyone who has been to Bagram, is there a hobby club on the post? I dont know where I will be stationed, and I wouldnt post in public forum but HISTORICALLY speaking, can anyone tell me about Bagram and its MWR facilities?
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,273 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hey Brian good luck out there and stay safe buddy

Pete
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 01:48 AM UTC
I was supposed to be there already, but that is on hold for now. Even though that Bagram was not my ultimate destination, I can assure you MWR are excellent. Our PDSS looked into it, as you expect. My last time there was '03. PX is new and has changed locations. Gyms are excellent. Didn't care about anything else (Cinnabun, BK, etc...) so couldn't tell you about that.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 02:19 AM UTC
it is not bad there, I was last there in 2010ish, very well established. I do not recall a Hobby club there, but I think there might be.... I know there was one in Balad (Iraq). I do know that Bagram has changed even since i was there.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:13 AM UTC
You have to try the local cuisine , don't hesitate , you might get the runs in the beginning but as soon as you body gets used to it , it will okay . And when you go out never sit with your back to a window or kick or move any suspicious packages . And pay attention to the locals they know more than you do .
 _GOTOTOP