_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Tiger II tracks
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 08:53 PM UTC
I bought Trumpters Geschutzwagen Tiger 21cm version. It's a nice kit but the tracks are nortoriously bad.

As far as I know only HobbyBoss and Tamiya make indy-links for the Tiger II. Tamiya's are the early production type and HobbyBoss' are late.

Has anyone used either set? Or could recommend another companies tracks?

As of right now I'm partial to HobbyBoss' set as it's half the price of Tamiya's set on Scalehobbyist.com. Any imput is welcomed.
3DPrinting
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hi,
Another alternative is to get the parts designed and 3D Printed by us We have been building model tanks for over two years at a range of scales and getting the track details perfect is an important part of that process. 3D Printing can print actual moving parts too so we could model them so that the links move so you can fit them to your tank easily. The detail level achievable is down to 0.2mm and for a tank 21cm long I would suggest a material called Strong Flexible. All we'd need to model these or any tracks is some overall dimensions, some photos of the tracks and we could have it designed, printed and shipped to you within 2 weeks. Drop me an email to [email protected] and I'd be happy to help you.
 _GOTOTOP