_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Operation Jiminy cricket report
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 11:42 PM UTC
What a day it was! A very successful meeting indeed!

I don't know if I will be the first one to report but if I won't be the one, then this typing job is considered wasted! #:-) #:-)

Okay here it goes ( The names issue is still not resolved in this post, hehehehe..... )

1250-don't know when hrs : I came for the first time in my life to JMN's hobby square. There I met Hunter, TOMAS (GI), Jomz, Latte X, flex_cs, 4 eyes, the military doctor (forgot his name, Sorry!) & others (Sorry too!). We........very much.........talked & talked as usual & of course there were some introductions. As the ignorant-to-JMN guy in there, I was amazed with the multitude of scale modelling items there especially the resin figures, different brands of paint, scale modelling books, & some models not usually seen in Lil's & STC. Moments later Shonen_red, Lonewolf, Leibgott, Buck, & others (Sorry again!) came & by that time, the shop was so crowded that the word of the day was "Excuse me".

Don't know when-1450 hrs : We came to Shakey's to eat lunch. We were so much of a crowd (15 people) that the waiters closed a whole section for us. We then ordered food & you guessed it we all engaged in conversation again....... #:-) #:-) I sat in a place below the light so Jomz can take good pictures of my Famo & my figures. I really hope Jomz can post those ASAP. TOMAS also brought his T-34/105 that he built for the Twilight 2000 campaign. He is definitely on his way to do scale modelling & not just model building. Hunter sat near Lonewolf, Shonen, & TOMAS to dicuss the possibility of establishing IPMS chapters in there schools, of course some IPMS BAC matters were discussed too. Bull arrived by that time & chatted with us. The food came & we all ate to our satisfaction. GI then lost to me in the "paramihan ng slices challenge" with the score of 4-6, MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! So we continued our chatting about anything from Jomz' beautiful cars, computer games, IPMS stuff, & fortunately there were no rifle debates. By that time Leibgott, The military doctor, & that fellow IPMS member (Sorry again about the name) left for some personal affairs.

1450-1515 hrs : We all returned to JMN & talked more. I looked at JMN's stocks for the last time before my dad came & asked me to go home. By the time I got out, Bistro came in. I greeted him & bid farewell. My dad & I talked to another modeler there by the name of Jeff. He wasn't with us though he just asked about my stuff. I went home afterwards.

END

P.S. There were still 10 people at the shop when I left. The events after I left can be told by some one who stayed there.

HAPPY MODELLING!!!!!
flex_cs
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 05:18 AM UTC
after u left Fritz sumunod na c GI den i talked and talked with buck ( btw learned a lot of info from buck...thanks!) den Jomnz and Lattex left den after a couple of mins i also left..after that no idea #:-)
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 05:29 AM UTC
Nifty sig you got there Fritz. After you left dumating yung kits nila bull and buck, you should've seen 'em man. I wish I could've taken some more pictures, but alas, I was pretty much uneasy about taking them with the owner there and all -- maybe next time -- I wasn't even sure taking pictures was allowed. Hehe! Wanze also showed his 1:72 tank, which pretty much got everyone's attention, too. Erstwhile, kinailangan na namen umalis ni Latte'x, now I guess it's the turn of the other who were left behind to continue the story.

I went to see LOTR afterwards, after going around Lil's Megamall with Latte'X which is too full of gorgeous cars. My oh my, they could be the single hobby-store with the most number of Skyline's available. Now I know where I'll be heading after X-mas. Hehe! Plus some of their kits have a price-difference of oh, around Php 100 compared to other shops, too, in Latte'X and my opinion of course.

With regards to the pictures, they're pretty high-res, and I still don't have Photoshop on my machine, I'll resize it, and could prolly post them here as well.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 05:33 AM UTC
BTW, I might have some of the pictures developed for a hard-copy of sorts. Just so everyone knows. Hehehe! Scrap book!
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 01:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nifty sig you got there Fritz. After you left dumating yung kits nila bull and buck, you should've seen 'em man. I wish I could've taken some more pictures, but alas, I was pretty much uneasy about taking them with the owner there and all -- maybe next time -- I wasn't even sure taking pictures was allowed. Hehe! Wanze also showed his 1:72 tank, which pretty much got everyone's attention, too. Erstwhile, kinailangan na namen umalis ni Latte'x, now I guess it's the turn of the other who were left behind to continue the story.

What kit did bull & buck bring? also who was wanze in there? could you describe him? All I know is that RJ (bistro) came in when I left.

Quoted Text

I went to see LOTR afterwards

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop it! your worsening my frustrations! (should've watched it last friday but I failed to acquire some tickets!)
Well, I think I have to suffer until Jan. 9 #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 04:04 PM UTC
Send the raw full-size images to [email protected] jomz! I got Photoshop here rarin' to have a go at those pics Btw, sorry if the pictures bounce. My inbox is kinda full lately

Sorry I wasn't there with you guys. Duty calls and all
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 04:28 PM UTC
Ayos lang yan Jeep as long as next time you join us.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 04:47 PM UTC
Got your "Preciousssss...." SR?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 05:02 PM UTC
Oh yeah! 2 of them! Got myself also Dragon's M1A1HA with Tank Crew. Hehehehe
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 06:25 PM UTC
Jeep

You want all 28MB's worth of it? hehe!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 08:04 PM UTC
One MB at a time, jomz. One MB at a time #:-)
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 08:58 PM UTC
The pictures have been resized and posted. Check my gallery, under the Meet-and-Greet album.

Jeep

any chance of you getting the load off my gallery, baka mapuno gallery ko nyan, o gawa na lang tayo isa pang user? hehe!

Guys, don't deep-link pala, baka in the future if I do remove the pictures from the album, mawala yung na post niyo.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 09:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After you left dumating yung kits nila bull and buck... Wanze also showed his 1:72 tank

YOU MEAN THAT THE GOOD STUFF APPEARED AFTER I LEFT?!?!?

At least I gots to see Fritz' famous Famo (I still love the figures - and the scent hehehehe)! :-)

Quoted Text

I went to see LOTR afterwards....

I HATES YOU! I HATES YOU! YOU'VE GONE TO SEE THE PRECIOUSSSSS! PRECIOUSSSSS IS MINES I TELLS YOU! MINES! MINES THE PRECIOUSSSSSS! I HATES YOU! I HATES YOU!

Fritz's AAR post pretty much covers it. I deliberately didn't bring the Dunderbålten (Swedish for Thunderbolt) because 1) the turret was too long/big 2) I want to shock you guys in the future hehehe

Gotta go for now... will post further later...
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The pictures have been resized and posted. Check my gallery, under the Meet-and-Greet album.

Thanks a lot Jomz! now I'm releived! Because of that, I can now tolerate you if you tease me or GI (if it's OK for him #:-) )

Anyways if we meet again at another EB, I'll bring my Panzer IV dio. It was basically my testbed for the weathering techniques I used on my 1/2 track.

GI!........... I love gravy. #:-) #:-)
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:50 AM UTC
Guess whos back....

Great Operation Jiminy Cricket, GI. That was fun. Too bad Jeep cant join us. Yup, there were good stuff that happened after you left: we bought models and supplies. LOL.

Jomz,
Hey, no worries about pics, man. You can take as much as you want. Id have brought along my own cam but its full of baby pics.

Flex,
Just glad we could be of some help. We can all benefit from each other's experiences. Like I always say, modeling is a dynamic learining process.

Fritz,
Wanze and Bistro are one and the same. In IPMS-BAC we tagged him "Bistro" because of his name RJ.

P.S.- What happened to the beer emoticon?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S.- What happened to the beer emoticon?

Baka na-ubos by the time you posted so the staff had to refill it.

Hey Fritzidoolitlle ( ), don't go posting me other name - there's an "overriding reason" why I'm Gennady Iosefovich Beregovoy on the Net... or (alternatively) Ibrahim Tariq Assad ibn Massoud al-Tikriti #:-) And easy on the gravy - unless it's KFC gravy (now THAT is gravvvvvvvvvy... mmmmmmmmmmmm)

Jeep: Indeed - when Supreme High Command utters a word, we meek ones must follow Her (not just 'her' but Her) even if it means to our deaths! Hmmm... you were at an internet cafe when you posted??? Or do you already have a 'puter? Or were you at the office??? Posting on a Saturday???

Jomz: Good pix. Did you get another angle of the "Where is that damn bloody communist heathen tank?" spur-of-the-moment-make-shift "diorama"? #:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:47 PM UTC
Wilco jomz! I still have a few extra online MBs with nothing to do. Will let you know kung nagawa ko na.

If I'm evil, then She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed (may Her name be uttered with reverence) must be, *gasp!*, eviler than I am! #:-) No 'puter yet GI. Was in the office on a Sunday though

Are we talking about the Panzer IV dio I saw at Lil's Mega Fritz? Want to see that up close and personal.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:51 PM UTC
Fritz, GI

Thanks for the comments re: the pics, Latte and I had some trouble taking them since the lighting wasn't all that good, plus we were really trying our best to bring out the immense detail on Fritz's Famo. We saw the Famo BTW at Lil's Megamall, and my oh my, what a hefty price it's asking for haha! There were some pretty amazing diorama's over at the shop, some of them reminded me of another modeler's work, that of: Dan Capuano. Hmm, might anyone be able to shed some light on this?

Where is crismag! He hasn't been posting since Op. JMN debriefed. Si KUYA CRIS talaga, daming nagaabang sayo dun, isa na ako dun. Next meet, I'm bringing a whole load of stuff I have to consult with you re: paint-schemes, etc. Dami pa pala maganda car kits sa Lil'sMega.

There were only 2 shots of the impromptu diorama, both of them really identical, the only difference was with the flash. Hehe!

buck

thanks again for the boatload of information, next meet padala ulit nung kits! and hopefully your 'Nam era figs could be done by then, too? Show me some tiger-stripes!
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Where is crismag! He hasn't been posting since Op. JMN debriefed. Si KUYA CRIS talaga, daming nagaabang sayo dun, isa na ako dun. Next meet, I'm bringing a whole load of stuff I have to consult with you re: paint-schemes, etc. Dami pa pala maganda car kits sa Lil'sMega.

hey guys im really sorry that i wasnt able to make it we have work kasi that saturday and hindi ako makaalis kasi may pinatapos pa sa akin anyway marami pa namang chance e, dont worry jomz magkikita din tayo sayang! kainggit naman kayo !
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hey guys im really sorry that i wasnt able to make it we have work kasi that saturday and hindi ako makaalis kasi may pinatapos pa sa akin anyway marami pa namang chance e, dont worry jomz magkikita din tayo sayang! kainggit naman kayo !
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 06:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmph. Wala tong si cris! inuna trabaho! haha! padala naman nung F1 diorama mo next meeting, or even just one car from that dio would do, I'm sure a lot of people would want to see that, and IIRC you had that funky diorama with the moat! Dalhin mo na ren! haha! Baka sa bahay mo na tayo mag meet niyan.

Next meeting sana may beer. Wahaha!
Wanze
Visit this Community
entire network: 277 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 07:02 PM UTC
Hi guys,

According to Fritz's report, i missed the lunch at Shakey's. Too bad, I did not get to interact with you guys more. However, there will be a next time. At least, I know how some of you Armorama guys look. #:-)

Jomz,

Nice pics of Fritz's Famo.

See ya!
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:31 PM UTC
Operation JIMINY CRICKET a success!

Hope to see the other guys who didn't make it next meet...^_^

To Fritz, Sir Bull, Sir Byron and the others (Can't remember all them names...>_< Sorry!) who brought in their works - Very Cool! Astig yung gawa nila....ELITE...I'm Not Worthy!! waaa!!T_T
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are we talking about the Panzer IV dio I saw at Lil's Mega Fritz? Want to see that up close and personal.

I should never have put my name on that...............
OK Jeepney you got me!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 11:04 PM UTC
Fritz has a dio at Lil's Mega?!? Good lord... astig!

Jomz, the real reason why Elder Crismag didn't come was because you might tease him being Fritz' dad again hehehehehe!

Come to think of it, magaling si Cris sa paggawa ng models, at si Fritz din, soooooo..... must be in the blood then, you know, hereditary traits, that sort of thing... hahahahahahahahaha!

Cris: you should've played sick and took the MRT to EDSA then LRT to V. Cruz. Fiawrc and others were hoping you'd come.

Yup, 'tis nice to put a face on the posters here... I wish I could go to the Christmas party on the 28th but as usual... Next time na lang.
 _GOTOTOP