_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
WW2 colour pictures
APbullet
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 236 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 01:13 AM UTC
I thought, wouldn't it be nice to assemble the biggest collection of colour pictures from WW2 in Armorama. Then put them in the reference section availble for everyone. So i did some search on the net and found this forum. If you thought there were only a handfull of colour pictures you be amazed. So feel free to post any colour pictures you know in this topic.
http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32930&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tiger+502&start=0
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 02:38 AM UTC
That is an excellent thread.... I got a ton of color pictures from it as well.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 05:15 AM UTC
Hi. Any color photos of this time period are well worth their weight in gold for the historian and modeler as well. And from no matter which side they come from either. It makes this period just a little more 'real' to us of later generations who can only judge the actual happenings through the various photos taken. And it also tends to make the people involved in this titanic struggle just a tad bit more human. These are very, very good and thank you for bringing this site up to the rest of us.

Take care, sgirty
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2003 - 06:20 AM UTC
This is great but aren't color pictures from the time suspect, as to the actual colors. I thought I'd read that due to the color processes used at that time colors could vary widely from what they really were.

I agree though that things like this really do make the war seem more "real."

_GOTOTOP