Local, Regional, or International.
AMPS 2014 Convention - Countdown
hetzer44
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 241 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 11:05 AM UTC
With about 5 weeks to go before show time, hopefully you are finishing up those entries and getting travel plans set for the AMPS 2014 International Convention. Otherwise, you are the guys who will be easy to spot; lugging in an air compressor, paint racks and a boatload of weathering pigments into your hotel room.

As many know by now, this year’s convention will be held at the Fredericksburg Hospitality House Hotel and Conference Center, Fredericksburg, VA, April 3-5, 2014; the same venue where the 2011 show was held. The hotel and venue are great in that you can reserve your room, drop off your gear and hit the show without having to leave the premises. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance offering a variety of dining choices and prices. Be sure to visit the AMPS home page (amps-armor.org) to make your reservations and get that AMPS Show Convention room discount, driving directions and see all the amenities the hotel has to offer.

The show theme for this year’s convention is “Tanks on Film.” So, start watching them old war flicks like Battle of the Bulge, Bridge at Remagen, Fixed Bayonets, Wind Talkers or the new Monuments Men. Or if you are a TV fanatic, how about Rat Patrol, Combat. Even Hogan’s Heroes. If it’s on film, it’s a potential show winner.

Seminars have been a neat part of AMPS and have covered a wide variety of armor-related topics from some great speakers. The AMPS home page has a list of seminars for this year’s convention that you don’t want to miss. More show details are being added constantly, so be sure to visit the AMPS homepage at amps-armor.org for more show details, hotel accommodations, fantastic list of AMPS-produced product reviews and membership information. To get specific show and hotel reservation details, visit the AMPS home page, click on the link that say Fredericskburg,VA in the far upper left and you will be taken to the 2014 Show page.

Please note: Beginning at the AMPS 2014 International Convention, in order to enter models into the show, the model entrant must be a current AMPS member. So, if you are an AMPS member, make sure your membership is up to date. If you are not a member, it’s easy to join. Visit us at amps-armor.org for membership details.

Hope to see you there!

Chuck Willis
2nd VP-AMPS Eastern Region
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:43 AM UTC
Well I'll be there with 3 models. Nothing for the theme this year though.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:25 PM UTC
I'll be bringing 2 or 3 up myself. Unfortunately, like you, none theme related (had one in the works, but it got bumped off the schedule and I don't have time to finish it now).
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:42 AM UTC
can't wait i should have 2
dave
 _GOTOTOP