_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi, my name is...
Crottykid16
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 12:37 PM UTC
Well you can see my name next to here. But to start off basically a beginner to serious model building, have wanted to try my hand at them for awhile just not enough time or money (still not enough of one of those ) I have been collecting models of interest so far just at the local Hobby shop. My main focus and interest is cold war armor so recently found and bought a Tamiya M1 Abrams & M3 Bradely CFV, looking at building these up and possibly some work to make them to to era correct as well, like modding the M1 to a M1IP version. Looking to even make a diorama for the M3. Other models I intent to build in my collection to be made are, Hobby Craft 1:35 T-72, Tamiya 1:35 LVTP7A1, & Revell 1:72 F-22 Raptor (not the snap-tite one).Looking at trying to get other circa 1980's armor of NATO and PACT, such would be to build a M60A3, M551, M1A1, T-80BV, T-80U, BMP-2, and T-64/72's to name a few. Always welcome to advise on ideas. These models might take a bit as I am just starting out so probably before I try and build those to look the best I can get. Will have some minor projects to practice modeling, modding, and painting.

-Eric (aka Crottykid16)
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 03:11 PM UTC
Welcome to the site, Eric. Sounds like you have good plans and a nice selection ready to go. You will find lots of help available here, so ask any questions you have, use the search function above, and hit the reviews to see about different kits you want to build. Above all else, just have fun.
 _GOTOTOP